Minivans in Alamo full size lot?

I am personally not a fan of double booking vehicles. If everyone did it, it could keep many of us from being able to book a vehicle and cost the company money. I just make sure that what I book is what I can live with. And yes, I have seen mini-vans and SUVs on the fullsize aisle . . . and unfortunately on many occasions only ugly four door sedans. :p

I have to say, there is that little niggling feeling in my stomach at times and on our last trip there were no minivans. I do get over feeling bad though as I am driving out of the lot. :car:

Thinking again.... It certainly would only take one minute to log on and cancel the minivan rental if I do find one on the full sized aisle. Then when I go to the exit booth I would have only one active reservation and the lady won't make any faces.

Sign up for the Alamo insiders program. You enter your drivers license and credit card and go straight to the aisle. Skip the counter, go straight to the aisle, see what is on the full size aisle and if there are minivans there use the full size reservation. Also remember Alamo doesn't have a standard aisle so I rent a standard and go to the full size aisle. This last reservation I used a coupon to upgrade from mid sized to standard. I will bring both printed reservations and cross my fingers.

Thank you for this information! This is very helpful!

Sign up for the Alamo insiders program. You enter your drivers license and credit card and go straight to the aisle. Skip the counter, go straight to the aisle, see what is on the full size aisle and if there are minivans there use the full size reservation. Also remember Alamo doesn't have a standard aisle so I rent a standard and go to the full size aisle. This last reservation I used a coupon to upgrade from mid sized to standard. I will bring both printed reservations and cross my fingers.

Do you do online check-in for both cars BEFORE you get to the aisle or can you check-in while you're there? I'm wondering if it's possible to look at the full size aisle to see if they have any minivans and if they do, check-in for the full-size and cancel my minivan reservation. If they don't, then I just cancel my full-size and go to the minivan aisle.

Do you do online check-in for both cars BEFORE you get to the aisle or can you check-in while you're there? I'm wondering if it's possible to look at the full size aisle to see if they have any minivans and if they do, check-in for the full-size and cancel my minivan reservation. If they don't, then I just cancel my full-size and go to the minivan aisle.

I don’t do online checkin. I am enrolled in the Alamo Insiders. I print both reservations, go straight to the aisle, if there is minivan on standard aisle I get in drive to exit, hand over standard reservation, liscense and credit card. Never had a problem. If no minivans on standard aisle and I needed minivan, I go to minivan aisle and hand over minivan reservation. If you are Alamo Insider, they have all the info so you skip the counter.

I don’t do online checkin. I am enrolled in the Alamo Insiders. I print both reservations, go straight to the aisle, if there is minivan on standard aisle I get in drive to exit, hand over standard reservation, liscense and credit card. Never had a problem. If no minivans on standard aisle and I needed minivan, I go to minivan aisle and hand over minivan reservation. If you are Alamo Insider, they have all the info so you skip the counter.

Thank you!

Even as an Alamo Insider you need to do online check-in and the "Skip the Counter" function. By doing that, you are provided the bar code which allows you to go straight to the garage and pick from the appropriate aisle. As you exit the garage, you will be stopped at the outdoor "kiosk" and hand the employee the bar code print out or email confirmation with the bar code.

Just curious if anybody has been lucky enough to find a mini-van in the full size lot at Alamo in 2018 (or following IRMA - since there have been many reports that a car shortage is what is driving up prices. I wouldn't be suprised if it it made vans not show up anymore in the full size aisle).

Thanks for any experiences shared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!