Minimum stay required for S/D teacher's discount?

Epcotgal8

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're not planning our next "real" WDW vacation until next year but need a break this summer. We've decided to go visit my brother who lives in Flagler Beach just north of Daytona and just go down to stay at WDW for one night/2 days next month. I imagine all the codes at WDW are either gone or that they require a stay longer than one night. Is this correct? What about the Swan or Dolphin? I am a teacher but if the discount is available will they let me use it just for a one night stay? I haven't called them to ask myself since I'm not positive about the exact date yet. I figure if I book at POR or a deluxe (we are a family of 5) they will charge rack rate and if I *could* get the teacher discount at S/D it would be a lot more bang for our buck especially with the proximity of Epcot and MGM and us not having much time. I know we'll be crying when we leave since we usually stay for 7 or 8 nights but even 2 days and one night at WDW is better than nothing right?

I used teacher's discount last year and do not remember there being any night restrictions, but we did stay for 5 nights. We loved the SWan..its a Westin hotel with great service, beautiful rooms and great location!
Connears

I've never seen anything mentioning a limit on the number of nights. You can call the Swan/Dolphin tollfree number and ask. They are very nice. You might even just go to reservations on the site and plug in your dates with the teacher discount to see if the rate is available on your date. That's the one problem, sometimes those rates aren't available on certain days. Or many rooms aren't availabe because there's a convention. We couldn't get the Dolphin for our stay this summer, so we're staying at the Swan instead. I have heard that if the date isn't available to check back because convention groups often reserve more rooms than they actually end up using.

Thank you SO much for the replies and info. I'll call first thing in the a.m. since I think I've got the date narrowed down. I'll report back. I appreciate you all being so helpful.::yes::

We are wanting to book the teacher/school discount for next year. We are waiting for discount codes to be released for 2005. I know that they may raise the rate,but if not is the teacher discounted rate always $149 as long as your dates are available?
:confused:

I talked the guy in charge of S/D at Dreams and he said in the next month or so he should have the dates for discounts at S/D..

Just waiting patiently....:wave: Our back up resorts are AKL and WL....Disney is offering great disounts on those lately......

I'm the O.P. and very excited. I was able to book our one night stay in July at the Dolphin at the teacher's discount. I thought long and hard about staying at POR since we've been there before, like it, and it is a little less expensive, but with such little time this trip I decided that the location and transportation from the Dplphin to Epcot and MGM (where we spend a lot of time) would be worth the extra money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter