Mini Trip Report VWL XMAS Week.

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Decided to throw down a few comments from our XMAS trip. Myself and 12 yo DD went-turned out my DW, college DD and 2 of her room mates wanted to do WDW for Spring Break. Her 2 room mates have never been there and are dying to go. So since it was different date then our HS, I decided to keep our VWL ressie and take her myself-also my Buddy at work just could not swing it (longer story).

Snagged them a 1BR BW View in mid December for mid March-they are psyched-I still cant believe that was available.:confused3

1) If it rains 3 hours straight when you arrive on XMAS day-go directly to MK (in the rain) and you will walk on many rides and land a 10 Min wait for Liberty Tree XMAS dinner.:thumbsup2

2) After the 8PM Fantasmic we scored a DIRECT EXPRESS boat to EPCOT for 9:30 Illuminations-followed nightly by more fireworks than you can imagine.

3) Just 2 of us allowed us a counter at Beaches and Cream 2 times with no wait-nice.

4) 2 of us moved in a 6 folks at Japan with no wait as well.

5) Opening MK at 7AM is so worth it that week.

6) WL pool was 87 degrees.

7) We walked to BW after Illuminations and grabbed a bus to MK which was open every night until midnight when it snowed on Main Street-it seemed faster.

8) ME took 40 minutes TOTAL after stepping off the plane.

9) No wait for checking our bags / seat assignment at 8:30 AM Friday XMAS week.

10) Large crowds this week are so irrelevant since the park hours are so long, the decor is beautifull, the multiple night show times and the warm pools.

IT IS THE BEST!:thumbsup2

We had much the same experience Christmas week. Maybe because we know how to "zig" while others "zag," but our highlights include:

• "Walk on" rides all of Christmas Day at AK (my biggest fears of huge crowds impacting our vacation just didn't come true - yes, it was insanely busy by the end of the week, but we just managed to avoid the crush!)
  • We didn't wait more than 10 - 15 minutes for most any ride all week(other than a 40 minute wait at Buzz - the sign said it was a 20 minute wait - don't know what happened).
  • Every time we needed a bus/monorail it seemed to simply appear! Only twice can I remember feeling as though I was having to wait - even then it was probably only 10 minutes.
  • Same is true for ME from the airport....aside from the brief stop at the counter, we walked from the plane to the bus without really stopping, went right to the resort - 40 minutes or less!
  • We did the Dining Plan, and, even when we checked in early, were seated within 10 minutes of arrival.
  • We walked into the Barber Shop at the MK at 4:59 (they close at 5:00 - didn't know this) and my DS was the last haircut of the day. Pixie Dust for all of us!
  • We stayed at AS Sports our first night (to save on points). When we checked into SSR at 11:00am our room was ready!
  • My kids won Dream Fastpasses at AK Christmas Day!

It truly was a magical week! WDW seems to do that for us, though. Even though we have visited many times, the magic just doesn't end!

Nice, I think they have many more buses and boats this week so there is not much waiting except at closing.

Thank you both, reports like this are why we are going next Christmas!

Sounds like it all worked out great for you! You missed the wonderful Christmas weather here in the "unfrozen" north though! Your report made me wish I was going to WDW next year at Christmas instead of Thanksgiving!

Sounds like it all worked out great for you! You missed the wonderful Christmas weather here in the "unfrozen" north though! Your report made me wish I was going to WDW next year at Christmas instead of Thanksgiving!

I know Diane, its been crazy mild this year-its fun to read its 20 below back home when you are at WDW-oh well maybe next time.

jade1 & nhdisnut...thanks for the reports. We were at VWL that week and agree with all that you've said, with the exception of the 15-20 minute waits for attractions. Could have something to do with the fact that we never got to the parks before noon! :rolleyes:

Glad you both had great Christmas trips. :thumbsup2

jade1 & nhdisnut...thanks for the reports. We were at VWL that week and agree with all that you've said, with the exception of the 15-20 minute waits for attractions. Could have something to do with the fact that we never got to the parks before noon! :rolleyes:

Glad you both had great Christmas trips. :thumbsup2

Yea I didn't see many 15 to 20's either (except XMAS when we arrived in the rain) but it was better than expected-I think because of the long days (folks wear out) and we DID NOT go to late night EMH parks (in the past these are too busy), also we did AK at 8:30Am so not super early but it was 45 degrees that AM so it may have helped as well. Other than that only early entry seemed really worth it as far as attractions wait times, we then did a lot a FP for later that day and would then go take pics/shop/eat/swim/sleep...ya know that kind of thing. My pleasant surprise was all the other events helped spread out and fill time with wonderfull enjoyable memories. :santa:

Great report Jade!!:wizard:

We were there Christmas Day but did not brave the parks that day. It did rain for 3 hrs straight! My boys wanted to swim but I made them wait it out.

They really do a great job and although it is crowded, nobody handles a crowd like Disney:thumbsup2

We will definitely be back next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter