Mini TR - HoJo, Napa Rose, WOC dessert

UnpokemonMom

Mouseketeer
Here is my mini trip report for May 17-19.

Background: This was a semi-solo trip. Husband stayed home with dog. Younger son (in college) had finals this week and joined me in the afternoon.

Lodging: Stayed in 2Q renovated room at HoJo. Building 1, 6th floor. I arrived around 1:30pm and was able to check in early. Room was clean, AC worked great. Pretty quiet (didn't hear doors slamming, next door neighbors or feet above) except for one time when kids were yelling in hallway.

Parks: Due to minor surgery, I did just easy rides, and did not purchase Genie+ or LL. In DL, I rode Jungle Cruise, HM, Storybook boat, Buzz Lightyear. Unfortunately, IASW and the Train were not working, and of course POTC is down for maintenance. Wandered around Galaxy's Edge - not a big Star Wars fan but I think my husband would enjoy. Saw Chewbacca. Did the Tiki room. Went to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, that was a first for me. Enjoyed the exhibits and the presentation.

CA: My son joined me when I hopped over (he has a magic key pass). We saw the Spiderman show, did Webslingers and Monsters Inc. We were in line for Soaring but the line stopped when we were about 3/4 in, and while we were waiting for announcements, decided to exit so we wouldn't miss our reservation at Napa Rose.

Food: Breakfast was the loco moco bao, savory lumpia and watermelon whip at Tropical Hideaway. The bao was tasty as were the lumpia, although the lumpia are more like egg rolls rather than lumpia. I love watermelon but the whip just didn't taste very good.

Lunch was a corn dog from the little red wagon. It was good, but the batter was just a little too thick for me.

I originally had ADRs for 6pm at Napa Rose, but also got WOC dessert when those came out. Since our WOC dessert check in time was 7:45pm, I kept trying to change dinner to 5:30pm and finally able to do it the day before.

I had the diver scallop and ribeye. My son had the salmon crudo and the halibut as his entree. Food was very tasty, service was responsive and the dining room is lovely, certainly a nice break from the parks.

WOC dessert party - Check in was in front of that big wayer wheel (there's a podium with a small sign indicating this). Our check in was 7:45pm for an 8:45pm show (it was a grad night). We got to check in around 6:55pm, and there were already 6-7 parties lined up. Around 7:15pm, a cast member started to check us in. We chose high table, then at 7:45pm, they led us to the dessert area. We were seated then 2 other guests were seated with us. They bring out the plates and ask for drink orders. Service was excellent for the environment (lots of people walking around and kinda hectic) and I tipped our server $10 before the show started. I got a to go box for my desserts but ate the grapes (yummy!) and cheese. It was a great show, had never seen it before.

That was a quick short visit, as stress free as I've ever done DL!

Thanks for the trip report, sounds like a fun day. My DH and I will be there in a week and have WOC dessert party, thanks for the information on where to line up. We were thinking of lining up about 30 minutes before dessert party starts, so 7:30, hopefully that will be enough time. How was your view of the show?

Thanks for the trip report, sounds like a fun day. My DH and I will be there in a week and have WOC dessert party, thanks for the information on where to line up. We were thinking of lining up about 30 minutes before dessert party starts, so 7:30, hopefully that will be enough time. How was your view of the show?
Ate you planning to line up 30 minutes before check in or 30 minutes before the show starts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter