Million Dreams observations....

I would be more than happy to never win anything if it meant that some little kid got it instead.

My pixie dust comes from the fact that I have enough resources to visit from NJ once a month.

It would be awesome to win, but just being there is enough. This trip is my Bday gift and I definitely wasn't expecting it, so I've already got my dream! :goodvibes Good luck to everyone! pixiedust:

I understand how that might be frustrating.

I feel very lucky to go as often as we do. That is enough for me. MY DS9 was asking about the dream fast pass. I could tell he had a "I have GOT to get that" look in his eye. I told him we do not really need it. I told him I would rather someone who planned a "once in a lifetime" trip and saved for years get it over us. I reminded him that there are a lot of kids at WDW whose parents just can't buy them things. Tickets into the park are enough for them. If they recieved a wish over us I would be thrilled!

I am going to WDW at Christmas time. I'll be able to see the parks decorated, I'll be able to attend MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, and I get to do this with my daugther and my sister in law, who is a great friend! We can't wait to go. That's a dream all in itself. My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I said for the three of us to have a magically wonderful time and all be healthy for our trip in late November!!

Just being able to afford to do this for my DD and to share it with a good friend is DREAM enough for me.

SamIAm21 said:
I am going to WDW at Christmas time. I'll be able to see the parks decorated, I'll be able to attend MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, and I get to do this with my daugther and my sister in law, who is a great friend! We can't wait to go. That's a dream all in itself. My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I said for the three of us to have a magically wonderful time and all be healthy for our trip in late November!!

Just being able to afford to do this for my DD and to share it with a good friend is DREAM enough for me.

BRAVO!!! :cheer2:

I actually get happy watching other people get surprised and win something. It's not going to ruin my trip if I don't win, I'm just happy being at DW. I don't need a dream granted or a smile from a CM to be make my trip special.

I actually get happy watching other people get surprised and win something. It's not going to ruin my trip if I don't win.

ITA! I would love to see someone get a dream! Sure, it would be nice if I got one too, but I would never go expecting something and it sure would never ruin my trip if I didn't.

I knew when they announced YOMD that some people were going to be disappointed and some would even feel "cheated", but like someone said up-thread, I feel so incredibly lucky to just be able to go to WDW in the first place, I don't know how I could feel that way just for not getting a Dream FP or YOMD ears or a pin or whatever.

I've been to a park 4 different times since the new celebration. I've seen guests with the dream ears and others with the dream passes. I even know 3 DISers who got passes, way to go Zeta girls! However, let's not lose sight of the magic the cm's provide every day. DH got an extra piece of fish at the Fish and Chips stand at Epcot last week, for his hungry belly that was a dream come true, but certainly not an official dream wish. Chip, Dale and Minnie played with my son at the Character connection for a long time before another guest came up to see them!

Sure I'd love to get an official dream granted, but I'll settle for the "regular" Disney magic anyday!

Possible cynical comment alert: pirate:

The whole idea of "magic" is what keeps me and my family coming back to WDW. The CMs are always superb. We always have a great time. I appreciate all the tings great and small that Disney does for us. Now for the cynical part... does anyone else think its hilarious that Disney is telling us that its giving us a "million dreams"? A hat, a pin, or a fast pass is not what I lay in bed and dream of at night. For 99.999% of us going to WDW during the YOMD will be like any other time. 'Extra Magic' will happen sometimes; sometimes it won't find its way to us. The big prizes will undoubtedly be a big deal for the handful of people who win those. It does not serve the rest of us well to adopt an attitude of expecting extra dreams come true. Excellent marketing strategy by Disney, although they would be getting my money anyhow :teeth: . But it seems more like the year of a few hundred dreams and a million or so small magical moments. It's Disney! It's enough for us to enjoy it without wishing for a carrot that is on a stick that's a mile long.

lovethattink said:
Sure I'd love to get an official dream granted, but I'll settle for the "regular" Disney magic anyday!

I agree, I am more than happy with the "regular" Disney magic. My dd4 seems to get the regular disney magic every trip. The big ticket items were the only thing than made my heart skip a beat witht he Year of A Million Dreams. The magic my dd gets is way better than the mouse ears, pins, or even fast passes. She has been picked to start a parade, picked to be in Belle's Story Time, she road Soarin as a vip, woke tink, had extra play time with characters, road Peter Pan with Wendy twice and Snow White with Snow White and road the front of the monorail many times. These are better than the trinket prizes they are giving away.

I'm with the last 2 poster. It seems like everytime we go something magical happens. One year my daughter got to open mickey house and have a long one on one meeting, getting to do log racing with a cast member after splash mountain, unlimited fastpass for tt. So I can't complain. If we get a dream in Jan. that would be nice but I'll settle for the regular kind of Disney magic any day. :thumbsup2

I think it is ok to be a little envious but we should all be happy for those getting that little something extra! I go to Disney for the magic I get no matter what...and if I get something extra great, if not the regular Disney magic works for me! It is like going to Las Vegas...if you plan on winning you will be disappointed! We should go to have fun and no worry about it or let it distract us from the magic that is happening by being there with our family and friends!

Gina

I was there from 9/30 - 10/7 - AWESOME vacation. The only "dreamy" thing we got was a free wheelchair rental for my Mom one night at MGM. That being said, I really didn't feel envious because I wasn't expecting anything. I only saw one person with one of those cool FP's, and she was so nice that I was happy for her. It would have bummed me out if I saw a ton of people with them, though. Or if it seemed like everyone around me was getting stuff.*

Kaybird, I think you stated this very discreetly and I agree. Have a magical trip and may your dreams come true! :)

kaybird said:
This is where I sometimes think these boards (no flames please) can hinder a vacation. We all love hearing about magical things that happen, (for instance at Whispering Canyon) then if the same thing that happened to Mary Doe doesn't happen to Jane Doe, they are disapointed. I have truly been afraid of this since they announced the Million Dreams. We have a great trip every time, appreciate any special magic moments, and try not to compare our experiences to others.

BTW-this is not to say I won't be screaming and jumping up and down if we do get something special, just trying to remain focused on making our own trip the best! :banana:

I should be receiving my "dream wish" any day now. My DD is pregnant with our second grandchild! Just think, a new little Mickey Fan to share the magic with! We are so lucky to be able to go to Disney every year. My DD lets our grandson go with us even if she can not and I know alot of parents wouldn't. My wonderful SIL is in the Army and scheduled to be moved from our hometown recruiting duty in one year. I hate that they will all be moving away from us and hope we can continue to spend time with the babies and them. Just being able to be with friends and family is a dream come true! I'll take that over a fastpass or a pin any day!

We're going to be there for 13 days. 13 DAYS!!!! I never ever dreamed of being able to go to DW when I was growing up, and now I can see my boys enjoy the wonder of Disney.
Can it get any better?? :cool1:

JustKryssi said:
I would be more than happy to never win anything if it meant that some little kid got it instead.

My pixie dust comes from the fact that I have enough resources to visit from NJ once a month.

(highlights, mine)

Wow...I'm not jealous of YOAMD winners, but I sure am jealous of you!
;) :goodvibes

if I get something extra great, if not the regular Disney magic works for me! It is like going to Las Vegas...if you plan on winning you will be disappointed!

EXCELLENT analogy! I never expect to win anything in Vegas, but I always have a great time! And the one time I DID win, and it wasn't all that much, I sure wasn't expecting to, so the thrill and surprise of it made it even better...and more fun!

And "winning" something at Disney WOULD be really be cool since I won't have to put money in any machines to do it, but "win" or not, I'm thrilled just to be there.

This saddens me a little...

Isn't is a dream come true enough when you're walking down Main Street, in front of the Castle.. and realize how AMAZING the world Disney creates really is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter