Milk alternatives on board

swfmco

Mouseketeer
My 3-year son has a milk allergy, and he drinks Silk vanilla milk daily. Does anybody know what milk alternatives they have available on board?

I think they do have some, but I don’t know what. My husband only drinks unsweetened, so on our Panama Canal cruise we packed a box full of Silk cartons (the shelf stable kind), and carried it on. It was perfect. We brought it on the plane, so we wrapped the whole thing in lots of Saran Wrap. One box did get a small leak but it was contained. I know this sounds extreme, but it may be something to consider to get exactly what you want. And you probably need less than we did!

I would definitely let them know that there is a milk allergy so that your reservation is marked as such and the servers will be alerted ahead of time. Then reiterate it once on board.

Whether they will stock Silk Soy Vanilla just for him, I don't know. My gut is no since they have other alternatives. So I'd be prepared to bring some if that is the only thing he'll drink - or just skip soy drink for the length of the cruise.

I’m pretty sure you can get the shelf stable individual silk vanilla soy milk cartons from the grocery store. Worst case, just take a pack or two on the ship and take them to meals.

Another thread had a picture showing these:

Pacific Rice Milk, Lactaid, Silk Almond, Silk Original Soy

We were on magic at Christmas and was checking this for lactose intolerant family member we are travelling with soon. The quoted milk above was exactly what we found each day that we checked (sailed from Miami) I have him listed as lactose intolerant on our booking and plan to call dcl a couple of weeks before sailing as it will be in European waters so may have different supplies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter