Military ticket questions

Zannidoo

Earning My Ears
We were originally going to WDW with someone who was retired military. She cancelled. She says she can still buy the tickets on the base and we wont need military ID. Does anyone have experience with this?

If they are buying the military salute tickets they will have to be with you at wdw or dl to activate at guest services. I'm not sure about the general military tickets, though.

The bases sell both salute tickets and regular tickets at a good discount (including no tax).

The military person must be there for you for the salute tickets because the military person has to activate them in person at guest services or ticket window.

The regular tickets they sell are just that: regular tickets. Military person does not need to be there, as they do not need to be activated.

Only thing to keep in mind is that they will need to be ordered, which will take a few weeks (it took just over 3 weeks for ours to arrive). And you need them to arrive in time for FP window opening (no E-voucher or anything to link until physical ticket arrives).

I am not 100% on how this works, but we are going in August and staying on property. I just purchased the military park hopper passes on base and then loaded them onto my account so they are linked with our room and ADRs. I am assuming that I do not need to bring the actual tickets with me since they are already linked.

I am not 100% on how this works, but we are going in August and staying on property. I just purchased the military park hopper passes on base and then loaded them onto my account so they are linked with our room and ADRs. I am assuming that I do not need to bring the actual tickets with me since they are already linked.
Bring them. Salute tickets can be loaded and FP made but are not activated until the military member checks in at guest services. If they are regular military discount tickets you will still want to bring them just in case.

Man, I am glad I hung onto them because I had absolutely no idea. MWR didn't tell me and I am pretty sure that there was no warning when I linked them. I seriously was going recycle them after they were linked.

It sounds like she's buying you the regular Magic Your Way tickets, which anyone can use. The savings is mostly from not paying sales tax on the purchase when you buy them on base, as the tickets themselves have only a small discount. My DH can buy them from MWR as a DoD civilian. They link to your MDE profile and work just like any other ticket bought from a third party discounter. The same is not true of the Military Salute tickets which are highly discounted and require the eligible service member to be present.

We used salute tickets this spring that we ordered ahead from Shades of Green and had them sent to our home, and they came fully activated-there was no need to stop to activate them, but one of the tickets are to be used by the eligible purchaser, whether military member or spouse, per the conditions of ticket purchase. It is meant to help the military member or eligible spouse to be able to have an affordable vacation together, hence the requirement that one of the tickets be for the purchaser.

Bring them. Salute tickets can be loaded and FP made but are not activated until the military member checks in at guest services. If they are regular military discount tickets you will still want to bring them just in case.

I don't think that's true anymore. I've seen several posts that say the tickets are already activated. That way FP can be made 30 days out. The last couple of times we've gone, we received tickets when we checked in even though we had pre-purchased them but that was before FP+ was rolled out to SOG. Now that it is, the tickets are already active.

I don't think that's true anymore. I've seen several posts that say the tickets are already activated. That way FP can be made 30 days out. The last couple of times we've gone, we received tickets when we checked in even though we had pre-purchased them but that was before FP+ was rolled out to SOG. Now that it is, the tickets are already active.
The salute tickets must be activated at guest services. I don't know about the military discount for MYW tix but the salute tix absolutely must be activated at guest services. The can be linked to make FP, which is what we do, but they are not activated until you visit guest services with your military ID. You cannot enter with salute tix if they are not activated, even if FP are already made. This prevents fraud.

The salute tickets must be activated at guest services. I don't know about the military discount for MYW tix but the salute tix absolutely must be activated at guest services. The can be linked to make FP, which is what we do, but they are not activated until you visit guest services with your military ID. You cannot enter with salute tix if they are not activated, even if FP are already made. This prevents fraud.

See this post. This is not the only time I've seen this stated recently. When was the last time you were there? https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...tion-questions.2912833/page-145#post-57061230

That is not true of tix purchased through SOG. They come activated. No need to stop at guest services.

See this post. This is not the only time I've seen this stated recently. When was the last time you were there? https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...tion-questions.2912833/page-145#post-57061230
They can be linked but are not activated. They must be activated at guest services. Many CMs have little to know knowledge on how these tickets work, unless they work at guest services and deal with this daily.
That is not true of tix purchased through SOG. They come activated. No need to stop at guest services.
Tickets bought at SOG are activated there. They cannot be shipped from SOG to a home. If you purchase at SOG then you probably are not making FP 60 or 30 days out unless you are local and buy them there and use them before the offer expires.

There is more than one military offer. Salute tickets are deeply discounted and therefore you have many more hoops to jump through than just discounted military tickets.

we were there Oct 2014 and my dad who is retired military bought the military park hopper tickets at Shades of Green and we still had to activate them at guest services at the magic kingdom. What a pain- not sure why when you buy them onsite they just can't activate them right there! Anyway- not sure if this helps, but heard stories of people showing up to the park without the military member who bought the tickets and being denied activation.

No. You are incorrect. My mom bought Salute tix from SOG. They are activated. She had to send a fax or email of her ID. She did this last summer and we have Salute tix sitting in our MDE for this year too. Delivered via FedEx to her house.

No. You are incorrect. My mom bought Salute tix from SOG. They are activated. She had to send a fax or email of her ID. She did this last summer and we have Salute tix sitting in our MDE for this year too. Delivered via FedEx to her house.
This is to Capang- I'm on my phone and my thumbs aren't working well

We bought our salute tickets through shades for our February trip. They were activated and mailed to our house so we could make FP 60 days out. Did not have to activate them at guest services. That was the first we did NOT have to activate at a window prior to entry.

We bought our salute tickets through shades for our February trip. They were activated and mailed to our house so we could make FP 60 days out. Did not have to activate them at guest services. That was the first we did NOT have to activate at a window prior to entry.

60 days? My understanding is only those staying onsite (Disney owned hotel, not SOG) can make them 60 days out. Everyone else it's 30. And, I just verified it on the Disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter