• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

When might they come out with discounts for MVMCP ...
We were thinking about going to the Nov. 16th party but it is a lot of $$$$
Discounted tickets would be GREAT !!!!!!!!!

We have annual passes and my sister is going to buy her reg. park tickets at the SOG because then she does not have to pay sales tax.

Thanks for any updates !!!!!!!!!!!!

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Any word on the new promo tickets release? Leaving in 25 days and holding out to buy my tickets until the end. Come on Disney!!

Any word on the new promo tickets release? Leaving in 25 days and holding out to buy my tickets until the end. Come on Disney!!

Haven't heard anything yet. CF said he'd update us as soon as heard anything "official." I did read on MilitaryDisneytips, that the Military Salute is "awaiting approval" from the Military end.

I'm doing the same thing...holding out on booking to see if it comes out in a week or 2. If not then I will book. I have my dining already!!!!

We're leaving Saturday and I was really hoping that this would come through for us. With my luck it will probably start the day we leave!

If they are waiting on the military to approve it than we could be waiting a long time :rotfl:

SHADES OF GREEN HAS THE 2011 TICKETS!!! They are selling them NOW! Right now! As of this morning! I just spoke with Betty at their ticket office. They are released as of this morning!

Go get them!

SHADES OF GREEN HAS THE 2011 TICKETS!!! They are selling them NOW! Right now! As of this morning! I just spoke with Betty at their ticket office. They are released as of this morning!

Go get them!

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have any of the details?

I just read the following on Mousesavers:

2010-2011 Special Ticket Offer for Military

From 10/24/10-9/28/11, active or retired US military personnel may purchase up to a maximum of six 4-Day Miliary Promotional Tickets with your choice of either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More option for $138 per ticket, plus tax, to be used by themselves, family members (including spouse) or friends. If you wish, you can upgrade to both the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More options. In that case the total cost is $165 plus tax per ticket. No Base Ticket is available with this offer.

These tickets must be activated by 10/1/11. The tickets expire and may not be used after 10/1/11. Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: 12/17/10-12/31/10 and 4/17/11-4/23/11 at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and 7/4/11 at Magic Kingdom Park.

This is great as they start this year!

We just got our vouchers for our trip 12/21/10-12/25/10, Pooh I believe you have a typo on your black out dates, it's not 12/17-12/31, here are the dates taken from Mousesavers:

These tickets must be activated by 10/1/11. The tickets expire and may not be used after 10/1/11. Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: 12/27/10-12/31/10 and 4/17/11-4/23/11 at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and 7/4/11 at Magic Kingdom Park.

My son just purchased our vouchers at PAFB and he was told the same dates as Mousesavers has.

Can't wait to spend Christmas in Disney!!!

Im going to disney jan 8th-15th, so two weeks from now with eight of my friends.
My dad will be in Kuwait and my moms a retired veteran so what if i want to use my dependent id but they're not going to be present to purchase tickets? will me and my friends get in? can this even be done?

No, Dharma, you can't buy the tickets with a dependent child's ID. Only the service member or spouse can activate them.

Only a Service Member (active or retired) or a person with a current DD1173 indicating either "spouse" or Unremarried Widow" must be physically present at the ticket or Guest Relations window to activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets. And they will not work in the turnstiles unless activated.

However, if you do have your own DD1173 you can go to Shades of Green and purchase MYW tickets at about a 5% discount from Gate Price as well as no sales tax. For example, a four day hopper (the same as the Armed Forces Salute) would be $282 as compared to the Gate price of $300.33 (including tax) and not the $138 for the Armed Forces Salute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter