Military Salute Tickets 2023

We have been using salute tickets yearly since 2011. We have randomly been asked for Military ID at the gates a few times through the years when entering even though we are already on day 3 or 4 of our trip. I always carry mine or my husbands so we were fine but if you read through some of the Military or Shades Of Green threads on here you will see it does happen randomly and people had to travel back to their room to grab it. Assuming your Uncle is somewhere on property you will just have to wait for him to arrive and show ID if no one else in the party has one. Even a dependent ID will work.
I have never heard of this happening at WDW. Disneyland - yes you need it to enter the 1st day, but I've been on these boards for many many years, been the spouse of a military member for over 20 yrs. and have used different forms of military tix over the yrs. We have NEVER nor have I ever heard of anyone ever having an experience like you're reporting at WDW. I would be beyond POd if something like this were to happen and I just cannot imagine Disney ever even trying this. None of us carry our ids to the parks...I would find it absolutely absurd if a CM asked for my military id in the middle of our trip at the park and cannot see it happening. OP, you will be fine.

I have never heard of this happening at WDW. Disneyland - yes you need it to enter the 1st day, but I've been on these boards for many many years, been the spouse of a military member for over 20 yrs. and have used different forms of military tix over the yrs. We have NEVER nor have I ever heard of anyone ever having an experience like you're reporting at WDW. I would be beyond POd if something like this were to happen and I just cannot imagine Disney ever even trying this. None of us carry our ids to the parks...I would find it absolutely absurd if a CM asked for my military id in the middle of our trip at the park and cannot see it happening. OP, you will be fine.

Concur.

I have been asked for my Military ID every time I have used the Military tickets, both at Disneyland and Disney World. Last time I purchased a Military Salute tickets at the base, they were not going to sell it to me, when I said my Husband was going to use it, since he was not physically there with me. I then told them, I was using my Magic Key, and that changed everything, and I was allowed to purchase The ticket. I assigned it to him in the App, but my ID was still required at the gate.

Same, we have been using salute tickets since they started in 2009, and once activated, have never been asked for ID mid-trip. So probably 75 or more tickets over the years, never had to show. Which is good, because we tend to scatter!

(But we always carry our IDs, since they function as our health insurance cards. God forbid something happens, but we want them just in case.)

In 2009, our first trip using the Salute tickets, we had to show military ID every single time we went through the turnstile. Unfortunately this meant we all had to carry 3 cards with us every day except our two youngest who were too young for military ID.

Since that trip, we have only been asked to show them when activating the ticket and usually it's just my ID they want to see.

In 2012 we went with extend family and bought two extra salute tickets for our nephews. The person at Guest services at Downtown Disney gave us a real hard time and questioned why we got 6 salute tickets and used two for our nephews. I believe a manager had to get involved. We even got a warning about "abusing the system" or something like that. The manager told us orders had come down from the higher ups to be more vigilant because they thought people were taking advantage of a generous offer.

On other trips I just activated the tickets we had using my military ID and they barely looked at anything.

It's amazing how different the experience can be depending on when you go and which cast member you interact with.

That's great that you have never experienced that. As I said, I have. At Disney World, not Disneyland. As I stated so have others in both Shades Of Green and Military Planning groups. It hasn't happened every trip but did happen last about 2 years back. We're a party of three using our six ticket allotment on two trips each year. I don't think it is widespread but it does happen randomly.

My brother is able to purchase the Salute tickets and offered to get them for myself and my family but he won’t be able to go himself. Is there any way he can purchase them for us to use without him coming? If he purchased them through Shades of Green possibly?

So if my mother bought salute tickets from SOG and they come activated, will she have to be with us on the first use? We may arrive much earlier in the day than she does and we don't want to waste park hours. In the past, we activated at guest services and needed her military ID, but with tickets already activated, I'm wondering if it matters?

So if my mother bought salute tickets from SOG and they come activated, will she have to be with us on the first use? We may arrive much earlier in the day than she does and we don't want to waste park hours. In the past, we activated at guest services and needed her military ID, but with tickets already activated, I'm wondering if it matters?

If they are purchased already activated, you will not be asked for military ID on first use.

No, if you get them from SoG; they're already activated. You can go anytime (no need to have the military person there) and can meet her later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter