Military Salute ticket question?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
Can a military dependent of legal age (who still has an ID) purchase and activate their own military salute ticket?

Ok. Has the activation process changed? I know in years passed the sponsor had to activate the tickets at guest services upon arrival. But I read an article fairly recently that states they could be activated at MWR at the time of purchase. Has anyone heard any chatter or had any current experiences with this?

In our experience only Shades sells the already activated. I have often had the MWR offices tell me the tix are activated. but they are not.

Ok. Has the activation process changed? I know in years passed the sponsor had to activate the tickets at guest services upon arrival. But I read an article fairly recently that states they could be activated at MWR at the time of purchase. Has anyone heard any chatter or had any current experiences with this?
As the others have noted, only salute tickets purchased from Shades of Green are activated upon purchase. The military member must purchase one of the tickets for themselves.

There was some confusion on the part of some guests (and MWRs) when they switched to using the plastic "blanks" instead of the old cardstock vouchers. Some were told that they were activated, but they are not. They must be activated upon arrival by the member or spouse showing eligible ID.

not sure what it means "activated" from SOG. we used Salute tickets in 2022 and the military member still had to go to guest services and show military ID before any of us could enter the parks. For me, that's "activation" and doesn't feel like any effort is saved.
Is there a different shortcut when buying Salute tickets from SOG? Can we go directly to the parks on the first day?

not sure what it means "activated" from SOG. we used Salute tickets in 2022 and the military member still had to go to guest services and show military ID before any of us could enter the parks. For me, that's "activation" and doesn't feel like any effort is saved.
Is there a different shortcut when buying Salute tickets from SOG? Can we go directly to the parks on the first day?
I'm not sure how that was possible. Did your party just think you had to so you did or did you actually try to scan in at the gate and they turned you away? While years ago Shades tix were not activated. they have been now for years. We used them twice in 2022 and also this past Feb. We went straight to the gate no stopping at guest services and didn't even take my mil. id to the parks.

I'm not sure how that was possible. Did your party just think you had to so you did or did you actually try to scan in at the gate and they turned you away? While years ago Shades tix were not activated. they have been now for years. We used them twice in 2022 and also this past Feb. We went straight to the gate no stopping at guest services and didn't even take my mil. id to the parks.
in that case, what is the check that military member is actually buying the salute tickets? when we ordered the tickets from SOG, we called in by phone, filled out paper form, gave credit card number. at no stage did anyone check the military ID and we got tickets by mail. If you then can go straight to the gate, then where is the ID check?
we didn't try to go to the gate - we asked at SOG when we arrived if we can, and were told we had to go to guest services first. Maybe that was wrong info. if so, that's great!

in that case, what is the check that military member is actually buying the salute tickets? when we ordered the tickets from SOG, we called in by phone, filled out paper form, gave credit card number. at no stage did anyone check the military ID and we got tickets by mail. If you then can go straight to the gate, then where is the ID check?
we didn't try to go to the gate - we asked at SOG when we arrived if we can, and were told we had to go to guest services first. Maybe that was wrong info. if so, that's great!
You have to give the the service members info. over the phone.They have a system they put it into and that's how they verify. Long ago they used to actually ask for a copy of the mil. id but they stopped that.

Oh and yes Shades will still tell you you have to activate them (I don't think they're supposed to advertise thatvthey come activated.) Sorry, I should have guessed that I just get so used to the mindset that Disney etc. give out so much false info. that I didn’t even think about it.

The form you filled out had the sponsor's relevant information on it. Likely either DOB or SSN plus full name and rank, plus if active duty, they ask for the current duty station location. They have a database they use to confirm eligibility with this info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter