• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Disney

ama_george

Earning My Ears
I have a close friend who is in the military and we are planning an adult friend group trip. There are 7 of us planning to go. I know we will have to go through the military booking staff but I would like to know the best way.
-I've read he can only get 6 tickets. How should we handle the 7th?
-Stay in Shades of Green or get a discount on another resort?
-Any other general thought?

You can get discounted tickets through ITT AT shades of green for the seventh ticket. If it were my group I'd figure the cost of all the tickets and divide them to cover the less discounted ticket.
We love SoG as a resort. Huge rooms and really peaceful property. Never encountered a full bus. What resort do you typically start at?

You can get discounted tickets through ITT AT shades of green for the seventh ticket. If it were my group I'd figure the cost of all the tickets and divide them to cover the less discounted ticket.
We love SoG as a resort. Huge rooms and really peaceful property. Never encountered a full bus. What resort do you typically start at?

We have been to Pop and AoA. We love AoA the most!

I also would like to know if you can add the dining plan?

I believe you can add the dining plan, but work out the logistics -- OOP is usually cheaper unless you're BIG eaters.

You get tiered room discounts based on level. Deluxe had the biggest percentage off at 40%. If you want a particular resort, call asap. They have limited rooms at military rate.

We don't have an ITT close to home, you can call SOG and purchase tickets with a $10 delivery free to home. The military person will have to fax or email photo of ID.

I believe you can add the dining plan, but work out the logistics -- OOP is usually cheaper unless you're BIG eaters.

You get tiered room discounts based on level. Deluxe had the biggest percentage off at 40%. If you want a particular resort, call asap. They have limited rooms at military rate.

We don't have an ITT close to home, you can call SOG and purchase tickets with a $10 delivery free to home. The military person will have to fax or email photo of ID.

We really like to get the quick service plan and pay OOP for a few TS meals. Thanks for your info!

Yes you can pay to add the dining plan if you book at a Disney resort. The room only discount is tiered it's 25% off the rack rate of value resorts, 30% off for moderate and 40% for deluxe. As for staying at SOG I've never stayed there because you usually have to make reservations at least a year out and that's difficult with active duty. SOG room rates are based rank. We stayed in a lion king suite at AoA last year and got the 25% discount, this year I we're staying at CSR and the room is actually cheaper, because it's 30% off.

Yes you can pay to add the dining plan if you book at a Disney resort. The room only discount is tiered it's 25% off the rack rate of value resorts, 30% off for moderate and 40% for deluxe. As for staying at SOG I've never stayed there because you usually have to make reservations at least a year out and that's difficult with active duty. SOG room rates are based rank. We stayed in a lion king suite at AoA last year and got the 25% discount, this year I we're staying at CSR and the room is actually cheaper, because it's 30% off.

Actually, it is 30% value, 35% mods, and 40% deluxe. If they don't have the room you want when you call, book your second choice and then keep calling. We started out with a higher priced preferred room we really didn't want, but I called every other week or so and finally got what we wanted.

We really like to get the quick service plan and pay OOP for a few TS meals. Thanks for your info!

If you want the dining plan, you cannot stay at SoG as it is not available to SoG guests. With 7 in your party, you might also want to check out DVC rentals and stay in a 2-3 bedroom and split the cost. You can still get the military tickets and pay for the dining plan.

You cannot add the dining plan (or charge to your room from the parks) I'd your staying at shades of green. We typically stayed at Pop before we tried Shades and I doubt we go back. The rooms at shades have 2 queen beds that are immensely more comfortable than the beds at value resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter