• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discounts 2020 Released

subtchr

DIS Veteran
Military discounts for tickets and resorts have been released for 2020! Can be used January 1 - December 18. No blockout days for the tickets; resort discount can be used January 1 - April 4 and April 19 - December 18. Nice to see they added a 6-day option!

6-Day Military Promotional Tickets
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $301
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $351
5-Day Military Promotional Tickets
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $283
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $333
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets
  • With the Park Hopper Option: $265
  • With the Park Hopper Plus Option: $315

Been waiting to hear this...any chance anyone knows if buying tickets from SOG still means the tickets are activated upon receipt (no need to wait in line to get activation first day)? Due to our scheduling in the past this has been well worth the $10 shipping charge...

Been waiting to hear this...any chance anyone knows if buying tickets from SOG still means the tickets are activated upon receipt (no need to wait in line to get activation first day)? Due to our scheduling in the past this has been well worth the $10 shipping charge...

Yes, that is still the case. No changes to that policy. I have done the same thing the past two years. Well worth the $10.

I emailed SoG today to ask for an order form for the new tickets, and got a quick response that they are not loaded in the system yet, but should be in the next day or so, and they would email me then.

Did you happen to note if the resort discount or the regular (non military salute) ticket price has changed?

The resort discount has been a sliding scale since this past year, and it is again. It is "up to" 30% off values, 35% off moderates, and 40% off deluxe. In my experience checking prices, and the anecdotal evidence of others, it seems to be usually about 5% less than those maximums, and availability is much more limited than years ago. For some resorts, only more expensive room categories offer the discount. I personally called this morning to check, and got 30% off our standard rooms at CBR.

The non-salute ticket pricing is not tied to the Military Promotional ticket program at all. They do often change during the year. You can find those prices at this link for SoG: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/application/files/4615/6630/6927/WDW_aug19.pdf They are also available at many ITT offices, sometimes with slightly different pricing.

For some resorts, only more expensive room categories offer the discount.

Last time we went, we had to book one of the more expensive room categories in the beginning, but I called back once a week or so to check and we ended up with the standard room category. The price between standard and what we had in the beginning wasn't that different, but over a week's stay, the difference paid for one of our meals.

Last time we went, we had to book one of the more expensive room categories in the beginning, but I called back once a week or so to check and we ended up with the standard room category. The price between standard and what we had in the beginning wasn't that different, but over a week's stay, the difference paid for one of our meals.
I am having to play this game now for our December 2020 Pop Century stay.
Presently have a standard room with pool view......wanted just a standard room.

Tickets purchased through Shades of Green do not need to be activated.

I know that only 6 tickets per year can be purchased a year and says one ticket must be used by the service member. Can we buy 2 tickets for our extended family that is going at a different time of year than us? So, my husband (the active duty sevice member) would still be going (in April) with our family of 4, but 2 extended family members would be going at a different time (February).

I know that only 6 tickets per year can be purchased a year and says one ticket must be used by the service member. Can we buy 2 tickets for our extended family that is going at a different time of year than us? So, my husband (the active duty sevice member) would still be going (in April) with our family of 4, but 2 extended family members would be going at a different time (February).

Technically, no. The family/friends you purchase tickets for are supposed to be going with the military member or spouse.

No. The spouse or sponsor must accompany the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter