Midship Detective Agency?

Victoria J

Mouseketeer
I'm sure the info is somewhere and I'm just not searching correctly, but can anyone give me information on the Midship Detective Agency on the Dream and how it works? What exactly is the story? Is it worth doing? How long does it take? DS just turned 8 and we will be on the 3 night Bahamas February 16th. Can't wait!!!!!! :goodvibes

Absolutely worth doing! and it's free! Think Kim Possible Missions at Epcot. You get to run all over the ship seeking clues and without giving it totally away, there's an area upstairs from main lobby where you can log in, get a card with instructions, and you're on your way. Everyone seems to love it, your 8 year old is perfect age for it. Enjoy.

Definitely worth doing even without kids! To do the whole thing at once takes as long as it would take you to traverse the ship but you don't have to doubt all at once. The story is just tgat you are helping Mickey solve a crime. It's lots if fun and the interactive art does different stuff then just when you walk by. We lives it!

I'm sure the info is somewhere and I'm just not searching correctly, but can anyone give me information on the Midship Detective Agency on the Dream and how it works? What exactly is the story? Is it worth doing? How long does it take? DS just turned 8 and we will be on the 3 night Bahamas February 16th. Can't wait!!!!!! :goodvibes

We will be on the same cruise as you! :yay: I think this is something my kids would love. They are 10 and 8. See you there!!! :thumbsup2

It is fun, even for the adults trying to find the pictures with the kids.

You get a detective card and a paper with villians on it and a map of where the pictures are. All the pictures will have a gold plate on the floor in front of the pictures so you are know you have the right one.

It takes awhile because you find pictures that are on the aft and foward of the ship. So two picture might be on the aft on deck 3 and the forward on deck 6 . They say you can solve it with out doing all the clues too.

You mark it off villians by elimination.

This is a lot of fun. Here's a suggestion: look for the picture of the decks which shows you where all of the places to find the clues are. Many of them are way forward or way aft. Don't do like I did go in order of the floors. Rather, go in order of the parts of the ship where the clues are. A lot less walking! Who wants exercise on a Disney cruise!

This is a lot of fun. There are 2 mysteries you can solve - even my 3 year old was into it. There are 2 kiosks to sign up so if the "main" one is busy, cross over to the other side of the ship and the 2nd one is kinda hidden - at least I never saw it until a CM pointed it out but I never saw any line there.

Our DD 9 and 5 LOVED the Detective Game!! We did it 2 times with different endings each time...it was a fun way to tour around the ship and see all the artwork. A DEFINITE "must-do" IMHO! :thumbsup2

Wow! Thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to do it. Can you tell me where the kiosks are? Maybe we'll cross paths Princess Noelle's Mom.

Its so AWESOME, as my dd8 said! My dds each did a different mystery, but we traveled together. It was a BLAST! We did it during the day that the ship was in Nassau, since we didn't leave the boat, and there was almost no one around. On the next day (at sea), you couldn't get anywhere near the pictures!

My 9 year old ds loved it. He did both stories on our 4 night cruise. It was one of those things that he could do by himself while we rested or just enjoyed the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter