Midnight Galley Buffet???

DVC Mary

<font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst
I read elsewhere about a Midnight Galley Buffet. What is it? Is this the same as one of the encounters behind the scenes?? Is it worth staying up for??

::MickeyMo :boat:

I assume you are referring to the dessert buffet. We went to it a couple of years ago: we have NEVER seen so many desserts in one place. It was packed with people: even some who had virtually come straight from their dining room! According to CM's, many folk go to bed, then set their alarms to go down to the buffet and take dishes full back to their cabins! Now thats commitment! Nat:Pinkbounc

Too funny! I don't know if even deserts could get me out of bed, if I'm as tired as I expect to be after a fun filled day on the cruise. Does anyone know what night this is on the Eastern Carrib?

I would have to check my navigators but I think it is either Wedneday or Thursday night.

Originally posted by TheWog
I would have to check my navigators but I think it is either Wedneday or Thursday night.

If you read the navigators closely you'll see there's a late night snack buffet every night around 10:15 to 11:15 and I believe on the semi-formal night there's the additional dessert buffet at 11:15 to 12:15. :)

The Gala Dessert Buffet is on Thursday (Eastern) at 11:15pm - 12:15pm in Lumiere's.

I've heard you should get there early.

yeah, reeeeeeeeeeeal early, before me & Sandy get there, just look for the tent

Lisa :crazy:

Just my personal recommendation, instead of getting to the Midnight Dessert Buffet and waiting a half hour, than another 15 minutes while the line of people in front of you go through the line, go about 20-30 minutes after it begins. By than everyone is through and you do not have to wait in a line, you just walk right up.

I got there 15 min. early & enjoyed chatting w/ everyone in line. It was worth it for me to take pictures w/o everything be demolished so quickly. But if you just want to eat....geting there 20 min. late would work just fine. We just took pictures & stood around gaping for ages before we remembered to eat the yummy treats. We enjoyed taking small bits from several, sitting down for tea & coffee by a window, & then we went back up to get the ones we wanted more of to take back to the room. It was really nice that they had forks & napkins ready to go if you wanted to take your sugar fix :hyper: back to the room.

I hate to say this....but it was more beautiful than it even tasted. I loved Lumiere. If anyone wants pictures...let me know & I can try to get my techie DH to post them or send or something high tech like that.

Originally posted by angelaj
I took the galley tour on Thursday and saw the pastry chef preparing the goodies for that night's dessert buffet. Here are a couple of pictures if you'd like to see just a few of the creations:

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=158816762&photoID=158819019&security=WfZNCX

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=158816762&photoID=158819137&security=MOlncy

Tried the links but they say I need a password.

Also, did you attend any of the art of entertaining series? If so, did you find them interesting, fun, informative, etc. How long do they last?

Sorry so many ????

Is there a certian way you ahve to dress for the dessert buffet??? and where is the snack buffet?

Joanne

Come as u Are.....lol

Also angelaj your links to your pictures Do not work ..........

this is the second thread i have had this problem anyone else ??

Peter

Sorry, still not working. These links take you to my entire cruise album. Maybe I should work this out over on the tech board before I try again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter