Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Question

DarthMaz

Wookiee Chaser
New here and I am sorry if this has been asked before.

My husband and I will be traveling to WDW on 11/12 - 11/18 and staying at Poly. I noticed that the MVMCP closes the park fully on the 15th at 4pm for the Party that starts at 7pm. Is it worth paying the additional money to attend this parade and park opening? If we are currently staying on resort is that included in our package? and finally.. We have plans to have dinner at Disney Springs ( im sorry I still refer to this as DTD, anyone else ;) ) that evening at HOB around 6pm. Would you be allowed to enter the park after 7pm to catch the rest of the show if we purchased the tickets.

Thanks in advance!

The MVMCP is an additional cost event at MK.
Yes, you can enter after the start of the event.
There are limited number of tickets to these special events.

So with a MVMCP ticket you can enter MK as early as 4pm but anytime after that too. The park closes for non-party ticket holders at 7pm. Party folks are given wristbands showing that they have tickets. At 7pm cast members start ushering folks without wristbands out of the park. At 7pm is when some of the character meets start and those lines get long fast but the parades and special fireworks and dance parties all start a little later on, around normal parade and fireworks times. The party is a completely separate ticket that is not included with anything else and must be purchased in advance. Some more popular dates do sell out.

Also...personally I wouldn't eat outside the park on a party night. By the time you eat at HOB and make it back to MK it would probably be more like 8. Most people eat before the party begins or grab something light in the park at some point to take advantage of the party time. These parties usually offer lighter crowds (depending on when you go) and you'll want to take advantage of that.

And also...I LOVE the parties. It's neat to experience MK in a different way!

Last edited:
I personally love the MVMCP - there's something absolutely magical about walking down Main Street while it is 'snowing'. My other half and I will be going to one of the first parties in November. I usually have a rest day that day, and get to the park at 4 pm with my event ticket - no point in using two tickets on one day!

I also typically find it can be hard to see and do everything if you don't get to the park until after 7 pm (this goes for all of their parties), unless you are willing to not do something (IE: do fewer/no rides OR no meet and greets). But that's just my 2 cents.

I also would not eat outside the park that late if I was planning on attending MVMCP. As said earlier, you can get in at 4:00pm. I would either try to eat prior to entering the park - or get early dinner reservations in the park that night. If you want to eat a HOB why not try for an earlier time. There are special holiday shows, characters dressed up in their holiday wear, snow on Main Street, 2 MVMCP Parades and special fireworks. As you are paying for tickets I would not want to miss any of the fun. We have done MVMCP 2 or 3 times and MNSSHP 3 times too. Both are a lot of fun.

I attended MVMCP right after my college graduation in '07, so it has been a few years, but I would say the extra cost is totally worth it. We are currently debating on if we want to try MNSSHP this year when we go. I know from MVMCP that the smaller crowd and extra hours are definitely a great perk to buying the tickets...we were able to walk on to most rides without standing in line (and no FP+). Plus, if you love Christmas, it is just about the most magical place you can be and it really gets you into the holiday spirit! MVMCP is on our Disney bucket list as hubby & wife, so I say go for it if you have the time and means to do so! And I agree with what was mentioned above...I wouldn't dine outside of the park that evening if you can help it. Take advantage and soak up all that exclusive time in MK! When we did MVMCP we visited some of the resort lobbies that morning/day (definitely check out the gingerbread house at GF!), then headed to MK around 4:00, grabbed a QS meal and enjoyed the festivities late into the night!

going to the MVMCP for the first time this year on 12.16 - my good friend's birthday is on the 17th and always wanted to go. Can't wait!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!