Mickey's PhilharMagic

For at least 3 of our trips, this was the first attraction we went to. We love it.

My only complaint is that it is SO good, it has ruined 3-D for me. I took the entire family to see Pirates of the Carribean on stranger tides in 3-D last weekend and was completely underwhelmed!

It is so incredily well done! Why can't Disney Digital 3D for theater movies like Toy Story 3 and Tangled be as good?

Definitely one of my family's fave rides. We've had instances where we literally go onto it five times in a row. XD

First off, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading the OP. Very well written, and brought forth the emotion much like the attraction were all talking about.

I also love it. It is full of all the positive feelings that makes Disney classics great. Its the only 3d attraction I do multiple times each trip. One time I even went on it back to back. May seem odd for just a movie, but it's THAT good :thumbsup2

Also want to add I'm surprised about the surveys people were mentioning. The attraction is just SO dissney I can't imagine them changing it. I always attributed the short lines to the overall capicity of the theaters.

On our first trip to WDW in Oct 2008 - my first trip, DD's first trip (she had just turned 4, and hubby had not been there since he was 1), we got fast passes for Philharmagic as a "bonus" when we got our fast pass for the Pooh ride. It was an incredible experience for ALL of us. It is, without a doubt, my favorite ride/attraction at WDW and when we go, I cannot wait to get there AND I still get chills when it starts!! LOVE it.

After just a few hours at WDW, visiting some of our favorite attractions and dining at our favorite destinations, I "feel" like it's a great vacation. However, only when we first visit Mickey's Philharmagic, do I get that goofy smile and sense that "we're finally here."

I think you are totally right, DH LOVES this show and its now on our list of things we have to do a number of times.

I thought I was the only one that got a lump in my throat watching it. I was watching Peter Pan the other night and all I could think of was wanting to be in MK watching phillarmagic.

I turn into a sap at this one. I'll get choked up the 1st time we ride it during a vacation. It just reminds me of why I love Disney so much.

I'm so glad that everyone feels as strongly as we do about this one! Hopefuly all this devotion will keep it safe- I thought maybe I was the only one that got weepy during this show. My husband and I never miss it!

Love this one, too, though we missed it the past couple times we were there. I'm definitely putting it back on my must-do list for our quick day trip in July!

I am not a big on the thrill rides and shows like Mickey's Philharmagic make my trip! It is my absolute favorite!! I so agree w/ the OP :thumbsup2

You've all got me excited to see this when I bring my family for the first time in Nov. I've only been to WDW once for a quick 2 days and never made it into this attraction. What is it? Is it just a 3-d movie or 4-d or what? Is it a large Imax type screen? When I went to the WDW, the only "movie" I saw was the Bug's life one and I was impressed by that.

I think most regular visitors have something that "starts" their trip to Disney. If yours doesn't, I recommend starting the tradition. It is an amazing feeling each and every time.:cloud9:

Our first morning at Disney is always spent at MK and it goes like this...arrive by 7:45 am for 8 am Crystal Palace breakfast reservation. Before checking in, picture of the kids (all alone) in front of the castle. Spend just short of an hour with Pooh and friends breakfast, head to the left of the castle into Fantasyland where we will be stopped by ropes until opening...try to be the first to "wake up Tinkerbell" :wizard:at the shoppe, and go straight to Philharmagic. No other fast passes required by our family at rope drop (at least not this day). The Disney trip does not truly begin until we walk into the show and then we are all in gear for the next week of Disney.

Then again...maybe I shouldn't give out our secret :confused3

When we visit MK another day, we hit the regular rope drop opening ceremony at the train station. That's another great way to start an MK day.

But there is just something about that Philharmagic.

This will be my 3rd trip with my family, and my um-teenth time personally, and I've never seen this attraction. I 100% plan on seeing it this time, and am so excited to! How have I passed it up it all these years?!? Oh yeah, because the darn line was always so long.... LOL

We love this show too! We have it on our plan on our first day and our last night! :thumbsup2 It just has that Disney feel to it. I also love Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS. It really makes me feel like I am at the World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter