Mickey's Backyard BBQ , Aloha Luau or Hoop-dee-do Review?

Which do you recommend?

• Hoop Dee Do Review

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • Aloha Spirit Luau

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amscherm

"All your dreams can come true if you have the cou
When we arrive in Disney the first day, we always check in to the hotel and then do the Hoop dee do review.. but I am thinking for the next trip we would try the Mickey's BBQ - what are you thoughts? Which one?

Spirit of Aloha gets mostly terrible reviews and Mickeys BBQ is closed...so by process of elimination I would go with HDDR :)

We have done all three over the years. HDDR was the only one we all enjoyed. Both the food and the show were enjoyable every time we've gone.

We love HDDR, but SOA really isn't bad! The second act, especially, is pretty darn good, IMHO and the food is good as well. I would try something new!

HDDR is a great show. Food is solid. Have seen it several times. Get there early to enjoy the grounds. If you go to the 8:30 show you just might be able to catch the park fireworks above the trees. Did the Luau once. It was rather boring and the food was mediocre. It may have improved over the years, but I doubt it beats HDDR.

HDDR is a must, greater than most other options in WDW

We loved Mickey’s Backyard BBQ when it was around. I wish it would come back. Easily it was our favorite

Mickeys BBQ is no longer.

I actually don't mind the luau although it gets much negative feedback. I enjoy it and my kids have liked it too. My husband is not a big fan of the food offerings, not because they are bad but because he is picky. If that weren't the case, we'd probably go more often.

But between the luau and Hoop, Hoop will always will hands down. Hoop is our favorite and a must do every trip. Classic Disney and I hope they never get rid of it. Both the luau and Hoop are bottomless alcohol for adults so that's always a win too!

Thanks everyone...we love hddr but wasnt sure if we should try something new... Guess we'll stick to the tried and true... 😁

Hi I voted before reading your question...voted for HDDR, of course, but after reading you "always" do that, I went back and changed my vote to SoA. It's really not as bad as the reputation would suggest, and I think it can't hurt too bad to try it for yourself to see if you like it. We are a Poly family and stay there a lot, so we have done SoA a few times and enjoyed it every time. (Not quite as much as we love HDDR, but it's nice for a change of pace!)

I agree with this. I voted HDDR too but I would echo these sentiments. If you've already done HDDR, I would give SoA a try. As long as you are fine with the food offerings, it's an enjoyable show and we like being outside, the atmosphere of it is really nice. I would give it a try!

Hi I voted before reading your question...voted for HDDR, of course, but after reading you "always" do that, I went back and changed my vote to SoA. It's really not as bad as the reputation would suggest, and I think it can't hurt too bad to try it for yourself to see if you like it. We are a Poly family and stay there a lot, so we have done SoA a few times and enjoyed it every time. (Not quite as much as we love HDDR, but it's nice for a change of pace!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter