MickeyAnne's PJ! NJ Wedding + DLR/DCL Honeymoon (GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!)

MickeyAnne

"We all need a little Disney in our lives!"
I love the idea of journaling my planning so I will start one!!! Yay! ::yes::

Well, lets start at the beginning...
10/2006 -
My boyfriend, Mike, asked me if I would like to go see the Christmas Spectacular. I love Christmas and I love NYC during the season so I of coarse said yes. Then he asked if I wanted to go the morning of Christmas Eve "because we only have plans for the night so we may as well fill the day". Again, I said yes. I hung up the phone and called my mom. Mike is so not the type to plan something like this so I was suspicios. My mom told me not to get my hopes up for a Christmas Eve engagement because I would be so let down if it didn't happen - so I convinced myself that I was way off base.

10/2006 - 12/23/2006
I asked Mike almost every day "when are we getting engaged?" and every day he told me "2007- before May". But Christmas Eve still lingered in my head. So the night before we were going to the show I looked at him and said "is this our last night as a dating couple?" He looked at me appologetically and said "I'm sorry, but no".

12/24/206
I woke up, got ready, Mike came to pick me up, we went to McDonalds on the way because I was starving. We parked in NYC walked around --- I WAS CLUELESS. Then we went to Rockafellar Center to see the tree. I took pictures, we had someone take a pic of us in front of the tree and then Mike says......
"Can we go sit down on that bench so that I can fix my sock?"
I said "sure" --- still CLUELESS!
We walk over to the bench, sit down, he starts nervously gabbing about his sock .... IT HITS ME!!!!!!!!!! I panick, I stand up desperately searching for a private spot where people will not stare at us (mind you there were 2 people around but I am really paranoid about things like that when I have a minute to think about it)
Mike asks me to sit - I say no.
He asks me again - I say no again.
I am shaking
He asks me again and I say - "Are you proposing to me?"
He says "Maybe, now please sit!"
I said "no, I am so nervous"
The look of shock on his face - poor guy!
Thats it! I just ruined my proposal!
So I finally sat, and he just pulled me close so no one would see (despite the fact that he would have shouted it off a rooftop had I not been so paranoid) and he asked me to marry him!!!! I said yes, cried, appologized for ruining it and then we were off to the show. Lets just say I didn't watch it very closely through my tears of joy!
Awkward? yes? Not the way we would have planned it? Not really. Perfect for us? ABSOLUTLEY.
Everyone who knows us knows that thats just how we work together. The story had all of our friends and family hysterical that night when we got to announce our engagement!

Now its wedding planning time!!!!!

Until my next entry (there is lots to catch you all up on)!

What an amazing story. Congratulations on getting engaged on my birthday. I am looking forward to reading more of your planning. :mickeyjum

Entry #2 - getting you all up to speed with where I am at.

**Keep in mind that I am an obsessive compulsive planner and waisted no time before getting started on all this! I have also kept a calendar of what I have done and when I have done it.

So I got engaged on 12/24.

On 12/26 I purchased several Bride magaizines and a GIANT wedding planning binder!!! Woopee!

12/28/06 -
Booked church for 5/18/08...Yes I know that is not when I am getting married - hold your horses that comes up in a few sections

1/4/07 - The hall
Let me pre-empt this story by saying that Mike and I went to his prom together in 2001. When we walked into the place "The Tides" I looked at him and said, "This place would be awesome for a wedding"...
So I knew going there that it was where I wanted my reception but I was trying to PRETEND that I was open minded. Visiting The Tides that night was great. I looked around and kept smiling the whole time. There is 3 acres of gardens behind it, great food and it is just all around beautiful.
We didn't book on the spot - but we should have...

1/6/07 - The OTHER hall
We had a connection at a different reception location so we visited it tonight. It was nice, but not The Tides so I shall move on!

1/8/07 - Booking it!
Called to make an appointment to book The Tides for 5/18/2008. Yay!!

1/11/07 - Bursted bubble!
Got a call from The Tides - MY date is booked. Major break down ensues. My fiance and parents calm me down and I re group. Church is open for the new date. Okay June 1st 2008 will be my new wedding date.

1/12/07 - Booking it - for real!!
Went in to The Tides to put our deposit down for 6/1/2008. Thanks to the date mix up, we now got chair covers, venetian table, raw bar and more FOR FREE!!! I suppose everything happens for a reason.

1/15/07 - Fun Stuff
We went to register at Macy's!!! Mike shot the gun and I picked out lots of fun stuff!!! YAY!!!

1/21/07 - A real couple moment
We went to the bank to open our first joint account!!! Hey, we have to pay bills now right???

1/25/07 - Another registry
We registered for the "fun" stuff at Target. Fun, fun, fun!

1/31/07 - The Disneymoon
I took off from work today so that I could be online at exactly eight o'clock to book my 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise on the Disney Magic. Maybe I am crazy but I needed the lowest rate possible and today was my only chance. So I payed about $1000.00 more then I wanted to but I got my verandah room #6108 (my wedding date because I am cheesy like that).
***Note - less then 24 hours after that, the price had gone up $1600 dollars so my day off and early wake up was WAY worth it!

2/5/07 - Photographer
We booked an excellent photographer today. Again, a little more then we wanted to spend but a very highly recomended photographer and I love their work. Milton J. Gil photography out of Lyndhurst, NJ.

2/25/07 - Ears!
On a trip to Disney World with my cheerleaders I bought us our Mickey and Minnie Wedding ears (which I still have no convinced Mike that he is wearing but I have 15 months)

Which leads us to today 3/5/07 - Video and engagement shoot
Milton J. Gil gets more business from us seeing as I booked the videographer through them today and I set up our "complimentary" engagement photo shoot.

So here we are. The next things on my agenda are DJ and Engagement party. I already think time is flying by....
Hope y'all didn't mind my exorbident amount of information! I know its not officially a Disney Wedding but I am Officially a Disney Girl so you best bet I will be adding some MAGICAL touched to my big day! Until next time....

Your enthusiasm is catching! i feel like i should be planning a wedding even though DF pretty much refuses to talk about setting a date...he figures his part is done (i have the sparkly what else could i possibly need from him?! :rotfl: )

Good luck with all of your planning and def. keep us up to speed on things...and post pics when you have them!

Great planning journal so far. I'm originally from Bergen County NJ, and I've been to Tides before too....good choice!

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Ask and ye shall recieve!!!

Here are some pictures...
This is the last picture taken of us as a "dating couple". I had no idea what was about to happen at this point.
last.jpg

This was just after Mike proposed. I took it myself because I was too nervous to ask anyone else!
Engaged.jpg

This is a picture that his mom took of us just after we told his family the great news!
ring.jpg

This is the ballroom at The Tides...I just love it!
Ballroom.jpg

This is a shot of the gardens where we will be taking our post ceremony pictures!! :goodvibes
Thetides.jpg

Everything sounds like it is coming along great. You guys are a really cute couple. Those pictures came out nice. I also love that hall. It is stunning. As for the the cruise, good job on booking early to save the cash :thumbsup2 . You will be very glad you got the private veranda. You will really enjoy it when you want to be outside, but not be bothered by other guests on board. (OOOhhhh, I sense a romantic candle light dinner on your veranda ;) .) Anyways, enjoying your journal thus far, and I am looking forward to reading more. (and more pictures too ;) )

My sister got married at the Tides in April 2006 and it was so beautiful. You will have a great time! Congrats!

What a beautiful place for your wedding and reception!!! Your pictures will be amazing!! Thanks for sharing all of your info, keep us posted!! :)

3/7/07 - 2:00AM It hits me...

Okay so this starts off on a low note but it gets better I promise.
In April of 2004, my older sister, Cheryl, passed away due to complications from a lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. It was shocking and sudden and as you can imagine, it was so painful to go through. Cheryl is actually the person who made me the Disney lover that I am. Since she passed, I have always wondered how I would do happy things with out her - it just wouldn't be the same. So I have resided to include her in things somehow or another even though she can't actually be beside me.

I wanted to find ways to include her in my big day without it being blatent and disruptive to the mood of the day. So I decided that I will use some of her Disney objects as decorations at the reception etc. But I still felt a hole in my bridal party without her. But last night as I was laying in bed thinking of this, I was somehow reminded that everyone used to call Cheryl "Sunshine" (hence my sig). THATS ITTT!!!! My eyes opened and I sat up with tears in my eye!

Why you ask?

YELLOW! :hyper:

My brides maids are going to wear yellow! No not canary yellow but a nice pale yellow! I told Mike this morning and he loved the idea. I called my bridal party and they all cried as well (they are all her/my cousins). My parents were thrilled and I am so at peace with the decision! I like the subtlty of the notion!!! :goodvibes

So she will be there. Not in body but surely in spirit. She will bring sunshine to my day.

Now to find pretty dresses for the maids!!!

YAY!

3/7/07 - 2:00AM It hits me...

Okay so this starts off on a low note but it gets better I promise.
In April of 2004, my older sister, Cheryl, passed away due to complications from a lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. It was shocking and sudden and as you can imagine, it was so painful to go through. Cheryl is actually the person who made me the Disney lover that I am. Since she passed, I have always wondered how I would do happy things with out her - it just wouldn't be the same. So I have resided to include her in things somehow or another even though she can't actually be beside me.

I wanted to find ways to include her in my big day without it being blatent and disruptive to the mood of the day. So I decided that I will use some of her Disney objects as decorations at the reception etc. But I still felt a hole in my bridal party without her. But last night as I was laying in bed thinking of this, I was somehow reminded that everyone used to call Cheryl "Sunshine" (hence my sig). THATS ITTT!!!! My eyes opened and I sat up with tears in my eye!

Why you ask?

YELLOW! :hyper:

My brides maids are going to wear yellow! No not canary yellow but a nice pale yellow! I told Mike this morning and he loved the idea. I called my bridal party and they all cried as well (they are all her/my cousins). My parents were thrilled and I am so at peace with the decision! I like the subtlty of the notion!!! :goodvibes

So she will be there. Not in body but surely in spirit. She will bring sunshine to my day.

Now to find pretty dresses for the maids!!!

YAY!

What a great way to remember her. I love that.

3/7/07 - A touch of Disney Magic

I have been going back and forth between two DJ's. They both come reccomended but one is so inexpensive that it had me concerned. My mom has always said "you get what you pay for". Don't get me wrong, I am all about saving money but I am not okay with getting jipped on my wedding day.
So anywho - need a little background here. I recently became a certifed Disney Travel Consultant/travel agent :wizard: so my outgoing voicemail ends with me saying "have a magical day".
Last night I got a message from the more expensive DJ just to "touch base with me and see if I had any further questions". After he said that he went on to ask "and by the way, you wouldn't happen to work for Disney would you because I am a Disney fanatic? Well, either way, you have a magical night!"

I'm SOLD!

A DJ who loves Disney??? Its a sign I am sure!

I will be booked with them by then end of the week. One more thing to check off my list.

www.premierdj.com

So excited about the yellow thing!!!! So I started playing on Davids Bridal's web site with styles that I already knew I wanted but putting yellow in. This is what I have come up with for choices for the bridesmaids (who are all italian and olived skin in case you are worried how they might look in yellow). I am not locked in to this of coarse but just thought I'd have some fun!!! Which do you all like?

PS - I added the sash because I want a sash of color on my dress so I thought that would coordinate well!

Maids4.jpg

Maids3.jpg

Maids2.jpg

Maids1.jpg

So excited about the yellow thing!!!! So I started playing on Davids Bridal's web site with styles that I already knew I wanted but putting yellow in. This is what I have come up with for choices for the bridesmaids (who are all italian and olived skin in case you are worried how they might look in yellow). I am not locked in to this of coarse but just thought I'd have some fun!!! Which do you all like?

PS - I added the sash because I want a sash of color on my dress so I thought that would coordinate well!

Maids4.jpg

Maids3.jpg

Maids2.jpg

Maids1.jpg

I really like the last one. Very pretty.

Nothing major in the past two days. I was trying to make an inexpensive inviation to my engagement party but was having trouble making something that was nice AND affordable so I actually came up with an photo card invitation from shutterfly. Its was much less expensive then other invitations and I think that most people will appreciate getting a picture of us. The pic is from the night we got engaged so its not professional but I think this eliminates us having to print out a ton of professional engagement photos when they are done (just a few for the important people in our life). Now I am still himming and hawing over favors. I'll take pictures when I actually make them but I am up in the air right now!

TTFN fellow Dis brides!!!

Ask and ye shall recieve!!!

Here are some pictures...
This is the last picture taken of us as a "dating couple". I had no idea what was about to happen at this point.
last.jpg

This was just after Mike proposed. I took it myself because I was too nervous to ask anyone else!
Engaged.jpg

This is a picture that his mom took of us just after we told his family the great news!
ring.jpg

This is the ballroom at The Tides...I just love it!
Ballroom.jpg

This is a shot of the gardens where we will be taking our post ceremony pictures!! :goodvibes
Thetides.jpg

How in the world did I miss this thread? You both are too freakin cute!:cutie: Cant wait to hear more details!:goodvibes

Maggimus - THANKS! I just looked through your trip report...so cute!
But I just have to comment on all of the self-taken pictures. Mike and I have SOOOO many pics that we hold the camera in front of us and click! I could make an album! I love them almost as much as I love the ones people take of us! I just laughed to myself at how many you had as well!

I'm bad at it too-- Since high school I have become more introverted than extroverted.... I often find it hard to approach random people. So hey-- why not do it myself!;) Works for me:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter