Mickey toppers - why does this drive me nuts??!!

Originally posted by katerkat
I only have 23 of them... That's not an addiction, right? That's including the 7 I bought off eBay last week... I just need 3 more so I can rotate every two weeks...

And do you display them somehow???

My collection has gone to about 45 now, I believe. It might be one or two off but I think it's got to be close to that number now. Right now they are all sitting in bags or boxes except for the one that is on my car. For me it IS an addiction!!!! Anyone that has scouts out there looking for toppers for you has GOT to be an addict!!!!!! ROFL :D

Hopefully this will show up but here are the two newest ones I just won - the Nemo ones....

i-1.JPG

i-1.JPG

I WANT the Shark. I NEED the Shark. I WILL HAVE the shark.

Better not let DH see Nemo!!:eek: We got a gold fish last week....he named it Nemo!!:rolleyes:

I did mention to him this morning that (jokingly!) that he should make the hole bigger on one of the toppers so he can attach it to the CB antenna. He REALLY liked that idea!! ;)

OMG Colleen...too funny!!!

And mom....ISN'T HE CUUUUUUTTTEEEEE!!!!! :D

Mine faces sideways on purpose, less resistance and I like for him to smile at people as I pass them going down I-95.:D

Originally posted by d.kurz
And do you display them somehow???

You mean other than on the car? :p

I have a piece of foam with pins -- the kind you get with boutineers -- stuck in it. The Mickey's are on the pins. I've been meaning to do something more permanent with dowels, but I haven't had a chance yet.

I keep my "wardrobe" of antenna toppers in my glove compartment and change them with the season or my mood. I have also been buying them for friends, too, who love to open their gift bags and find an extra cute surprise!

I have noticed my antenna bending way over when I go fast. I usually see the shadow on the median divider!

My fav topper is the pink princess hat with the scarf and ears......

Mine faces Sideways on Purpose-----DH does NOT like the Antenna to bend Backword, so, I asked someone on the boards and they said to face it sideways---now when I see others, I want to turn them sideways too.:rolleyes: I love to see Antenna Toppers especially on a Volkswagon Bug, they LOOK like they belong!;)

I put mine sideways too......well, when I had one:( :(

Used to have 2 patriotic mickey heads and 2 regular black ones.

DH lost all of them at the car washes!!! Never remembered to take them off!!!!

Anyway...I notice less of a strain of the antennae when they are sideways.

I have never noticed the antenna bending with Mickey facing forwards. :confused: Not just driving locally either. No bending going down the highway! :)

Originally posted by Lisa L from MI
I put mine sideways too......well, when I had one:( :(

Used to have 2 patriotic mickey heads and 2 regular black ones.

DH lost all of them at the car washes!!! Never remembered to take them off!!!!

DH lost my reindeer Mickey, and I made him go back and search for it. It took some help from the attendant, but we found my Mickey!!

Oh My gosh! I never thought about car washes! I finally got a car with an antenna and then bought the patriotic topper on Ebay--haven't washed the car since I got it, but now I know better!
Our TDS is closed for remodeling. Boy do I want one that's a soccer ball!!!
Robin M.

Our face sideways, but that's because we put them in our back window. We have a Subaru Forester and it has no antenna. DH put two fake ones in the back window and we use those.

And here's how we display them at home when they're not in dw(wdwlvr)'s Forester:

toppers.jpg

Originally posted by December99
Anyone that has scouts out there looking for toppers for you has GOT to be an addict!!!!!! ROFL :D
Ahem....Scout reporting for duty!! :p

Well I saw something this morning that I didn't think about with this discussion....

If you have an antenna on the BACK of your car - how do you face (or how would you) face your topper???? I saw a car this morning that had the Mickey with the sun around the head and it was facing back...so the people behind the car could see the topper....never would have thought about that.

The only requirement that I have when I purchase a new vehicle is it HAS to have an antenna!!!

And Kim.....ROFL!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter