Mickey Lamp from the GF

suzywindy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
While we were staying at the GF I just fell in love with the Mickey Lamp they had on the desk.

Today my DH surprised me - he ordered it over the phone and had it shipped to his work and came home on his lunch time and set it all up in the bedroom so that when I came home and turned on the light - there was MICKEY! It looks just great.

Even though we are not going again until October - I felt a little bit of that Disney Magic (pixie dust) today!:D :D :D

What a nice surprise! I love those lamps too.:)

For those of you who don't know what it looks like, the Mickey lamp is hidden somewhat by my son's birthday card, but you can catch a glimpse of it anyway here in my photo.

Suzywindy, my husband almost bought one for me, too. It is an adorable lamp. What a wonderful gift!

Janet2k
Having trouble getting your photo up. It comes up error. I would love to see that lamp.

I have heard LOTS about that lamp. It would be great if my husband did something like that to surprise me, but I would be just dreaming there.

Aren't those lamps soooo cute!!! Hubby bought me one for Christmas and I bought him a Goofy one. We now each have one on our nightstands!!! Your hubby is thoughtful to buy you one.

ENJOY!!!

hey, My dh tried to get me a mickey lamp! but you know how disney cm's are, not always knowledgeable of everything! the cm he got on the phone of the WDW merchandise line, told him that they didnt sell them!!!
he believed them!!!

needless to say... I am lamp-less!
I will get one sooner or later!!! hopefully sooner!!! :)

Laura :)

You can see the Mickey lamp on my web site. Click the first link below, called "SeaSpray's family vacations" then scroll down a little to our May 2001 trip, and go to the Grand Floridian page, and you will see it in one of the pictures, behind my son!

It's an adorable lamp! Not sure of the price though!

The lamps are on the first floor in the gift shop called sand something - my husband thinks - sandbox. It is right next to the Grand Floridian Cafe. He called merchandising and asked them to contact the Grand Floridian and they then shipped it out. They said 6 weeks but it did not take that long and he said it was about $265 total with tax and all. It came in 2 big boxes and he had to put it together.

The gift shop is called Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries. It is located right off the lobby, next to the Grand Floridian Cafe.

:)

It's a cool lamp. We saw it in April. But , we bought one (and the Goofy lamp) for half the price at BJ's Wholesale Club after the trip.

Thanks SeaSpray for the picture of the lamp. Now I want to buy one but I just purchased a serice (Disney's Spirit of America $300) looks like I cannot purchase this lamp right now. I will wait until September and purchase the lamp for my birthday.

Hello! I just saw that you got that great Mickey Lamp from the Floridian...I did not bring home the catalog in the room and I am going nowhere fast trying to find our how to order it...I even have friends down there that went over and no luck! can you possibly help me? Thanks so much!!

Hello! I just saw that you got that great Mickey Lamp from the Floridian...I did not bring home the catalog in the room and I am going nowhere fast trying to find our how to order it...I even have friends down there that went over and no luck! can you possibly help me? Thanks so much!!

This is where you used to be able to get it, but it appears that only have the YC/BC lamps now

http://http://www.disneyresortcollection.com/index.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter