Mickey bars will be in grocery stores in February

https://people.com/food/mickey-mouse-ice-cream-bars-stores-90th-birthday-disney-world/

The only thing Premium about the Mickey Bars in the park was the price.

Yes, they are good (I never met Ice Cream that I didn't like) but Premium has stepped up it's game since the introduction of Mickey Bars.

I completely agree and yet it is still the one snack that I MUST have on every trip. Usually just once, but I've never missed eating a Mickey Bar, sitting by the shooting gallery (which I've never done), and staring across at Splash Mountain in MK. Not on any trip I can remember over the last 35+ years, though I can remember the early trips were pre-Splash and I think it was just Big Thunder Mountain out there...

I completely agree and yet it is still the one snack that I MUST have on every trip. Usually just once, but I've never missed eating a Mickey Bar, sitting by the shooting gallery (which I've never done), and staring across at Splash Mountain in MK. Not on any trip I can remember over the last 35+ years, though I can remember the early trips were pre-Splash and I think it was just Big Thunder Mountain out there...

My one "Must Have" is a Dole Whip. That being said, I would usually sneak in a Mickey bar once in a while. When I was working for the mouse meant I would be in the parks a lot and seeing as one does not get rich working for the mouse so treats were a occasional luxury.

Before and after working for Mickey, a treat was necessary every visit.

7 something for 6 of them is a bargain by Disney standards. Hopefully they'll be coming to my neck of the woods. Or I'll have to cry while eating my unmickey shaped ones.

Box describes them as "light ice cream." Is that what the version in the parks is made with?

Box describes them as "light ice cream." Is that what the version in the parks is made with?

I'm not sure, but it sounds the same. The park version says it has "Milk Fat and Non Fat Milk" in it. Below is the store version's ingredients.

mickeybar3.png

and here is the park version (courtesy of bumbershoot)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mickey-bar-ingredients.2032894/

Milkfat (not even cream)
and nonfat milk,
coating, sugar, chocolate, coconut oil
dutch processed cocoa powder
soybean oil, cocoa butter, dairy oil
soy lecithin, artificial flavors, sugar,
corn syrup (the problem in our household),
whey powder,

stabilizer
(mono-diglycerides, cellulose gum
locust bean gum, calcium sulfate
polysorbate 80 carrageenan),

natural and artificial flavor,
turmeric extract color,
annatto color

Last edited:
Was at our central Ohio Kroger and saw a man stocking drumsticks (because I was cruising the aisle looking for Mickey bars lol). I asked him and he said in a few weeks they would have them plus the toll house ice cream sandwiches. He happened to be a Nestle employee. Wish he had an exact date but I’m gonna be perusing that section for awhile until I find them lol

This is one of my few must-have treats while at the Disney parks. I think that I'm in trouble. :oops:

Am I the only one that misses the old school bars like these?

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I still think of them and the WWF wrestling bars from when I was younger. I used chase after the ice cream truck with its irritatingly loud music. Eager to hand over my dad's hard earned cash for overpriced ice creams.

11053c1f530cab8e536fa8eae0e7eea1.jpg

One of my favorite memories was a few years ago in DAK. It was surface of the sun hot, and I had taken one of the girls to meet Baloo. My DD took the little one who had the attention span of a flea with her. When we met up again there was RYlee, as cute as a button eating her rapidly melting Mickey Bar as fast as she could. Chocolate and ice cream on her little face, smiling as wide as can be!

DW must have found them at our local grocery store (not sure which one, Florida panhandle) yesterday, as she brought me one last night after dinner. Never had one at a park, but it wasn't bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!