Mickey as Santa Poster

jaysteig

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone I want to post what i think is a rare poster. it wouldnt let me thought. uggg

Here are the links in parenthesis

( )

( )

( )

So this is a piece of Advertising and it was likely used in a display at either the park or maybe a disney store. Maybe it was used when there was a Santa Mickey doing pictures, but i'am not sure. It was meant to be in a display because you can see the margins on the poster. What do you guys think? Do i have a gem here?

That looks like a 1950s-early 1960s style Mickey face to me. If that's the case, that eliminates The Disney Store, but it could have been used at any retail location.

ETA: Also Alice In Wonderland was released in 1951, in that her image is included I'd say that's another reason to think 1950s.

You might search Ebay to see what advertising items are going for these days. I'd guess there's a market for this, just not sure what kind of money it brings. Good luck!

That looks like a 1950s-early 1960s style Mickey face to me. If that's the case, that eliminates The Disney Store, but it could have been used at any retail location.

ETA: Also Alice In Wonderland was released in 1951, in that her image is included I'd say that's another reason to think 1950s.

You might search Ebay to see what advertising items are going for these days. I'd guess there's a market for this, just not sure what kind of money it brings. Good luck!

Hey guys so i talked to a Disney collector who thinks this is a proof of some sort. I think I will get it framed for now, then figure out the value later.

Hey guys so i talked to a Disney collector who thinks this is a proof of some sort. I think I will get it framed for now, then figure out the value later.
I'd hold off on the framing. If this is any kind of unique artwork it may be worth more in its original state(i.e. as it is now.) If you want to keep it, framing is a good idea.

Just as a WAG (wild audacious guess) I'm thinking this is probably something worth a few hundred dollars. But that's just a hunch, good look on finding the value and a buyer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter