Michigan people!!!

Well, I decided to move down to FL early! Staying with family right now.

The drive down was great...it took me only 18 hours to get from Detroit to Orlando. I left home around 3:00am and had planned to stop around the middle of Georgia...but it was only 4:00pm by the time I got there so I just kept going. So, just a tip for anyone driving...get to bed early the day before the drive and leave in the middle of the night if you can...you'll beat the early morning metro-Detroit traffic and, if traffic is pretty light, you'll miss the downtown Atlanta traffic. I was shocked that I was able to get to Orlando around 9-10 pm.

Lucky!! I wish I could go down there now :rotfl:

That's basically what my bf did when i did my last cp- he left around 6 or 7 pm, drove all night and got to Orlando around 4 or 5 pm the next day- so that's what we are planning on doing in january too.

I'll be driving also... but it's definitely going to take me more than 18 hours.. more like a week! I'll be stopping in columbus OH, Lexington KY, Atlanta GA and another city in Florida when I make it there. Got to visit the friends and family!

I'll be driving also... but it's definitely going to take me more than 18 hours.. more like a week! I'll be stopping in columbus OH, Lexington KY, Atlanta GA and another city in Florida when I make it there. Got to visit the friends and family!

Wow that is going to take you a while.:drive:

Make that a couple more stops in Detroit and Toledo now. Looks like I'll be leaving 2 weeks in advance.. roadtrip by myself! Unless anyone wants to ride along...:goodvibes

Make that a couple more stops in Detroit and Toledo now. Looks like I'll be leaving 2 weeks in advance.. roadtrip by myself! Unless anyone wants to ride along...:goodvibes

I would have been down for that actually. But I bought a plane ticket :confused3 I really wanted to do the whole road trip down there to get pumped, but I'm nervous about my car. Are you going to miss Christmas?? I also knew a couple of people who worked at CP this past summer and am considering it a bit :rolleyes:

I'm from Michigan as well. Doing a management internship and I start on January 14th but I wanna get there about 10 days early to move in and get settled so I don't feel rushed. I'm set to move into my new place on the 4th so I'm planning on leaving on the 2nd or 3rd. I should be able to get to Macon, GA in one day from where I live (near Ann Arbor) and then get to Kissimmee the next day.

I would have been down for that actually. But I bought a plane ticket :confused3 I really wanted to do the whole road trip down there to get pumped, but I'm nervous about my car. Are you going to miss Christmas?? I also knew a couple of people who worked at CP this past summer and am considering it a bit :rolleyes:

Ah I actually don't start until February 1st, because I just recently applied and got accepted and that was the only day available. Cedar Point was amazing! But I'm pretty sure Disney will make CP look like the ghetto as far as housing or whatever.. but wait it's already like that!

Ah I actually don't start until February 1st, because I just recently applied and got accepted and that was the only day available. Cedar Point was amazing! But I'm pretty sure Disney will make CP look like the ghetto as far as housing or whatever.. but wait it's already like that!

I actually used to work at CP in 2005 and 2006 in rides. I left at the end of my contract to work for Disney in August '06 and now I fully plan on pursuing a career with Disney....if that tells you anything.

You worked at cedar point this last summer? I worked at Michigan's Adventure, which is much worse than CP, I've heard. (everyone I know seems to have LOVED CP, whereas MA wasn't that great.) I just considered it prepping for disney, haha

hey, I'm from the Flint area but now I go to school in Ann Arbor. I'm going to apply for the fall 2010 program. Can't wait!

lol, so many Michigan people probably do the CP to escape at least part of the cold months. :cold: we're supposed to get about half a foot of snow here in the next couple days.

hey, I'm from the Flint area but now I go to school in Ann Arbor. I'm going to apply for the fall 2010 program. Can't wait!

lol, so many Michigan people probably do the CP to escape at least part of the cold months. :cold: we're supposed to get about half a foot of snow here in the next couple days.

Half a foot?! wow... Lucky! I like the snow!
But the Detroit area is supposed to get snow flurries and then it's gonna turn to rain :sad2: no winter storm for us...

We have a Blizzard warning here in Kalamazoo. We're going to get 2 inches of snow per hour every hour until tomorrow afternoon.

Yep! Well, I'm from Ann Arbor but I go to school in Kzoo. As of next Saturday I'll be an alumnus of WMU! Then it's off to Florida on the 3rd of January, this time permanently! :banana:

I saw they closed campus today due to the blizzard. Must be nice! Weird how its clear and sunny here at MSU.

Which campus? U of M? Because I'm next door basically, at EMU and we NEVER shut down lol. All of my 5 years, not once.

Hope everyone is enjoying these 50mph winds :banana::scared1:

Yep! Well, I'm from Ann Arbor but I go to school in Kzoo. As of next Saturday I'll be an alumnus of WMU! Then it's off to Florida on the 3rd of January, this time permanently! :banana:

I just started at Kalamazoo College, so I've got awhile yet dealing with blizzards and such.

I saw they closed campus today due to the blizzard. Must be nice! Weird how its clear and sunny here at MSU.

Yeah, in the 3 years I've been at WMU, this is the only one that had a snow day that was relevant to me. They had one February of last year but it was a Friday when I didn't have class anyway.

This one actually benefited me because it got a final turned into a take-home open-book exam and some extra credit assignments due that day got bumped to next Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter