Michael Jordan and the Wizards

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard the statement from Michael Jordan regarding being 'let go' from ownership of the Wizards? It says something like he's shocked and they won't give him an explanation, etc.

I can NOT stand Michael Jordan! He was done with the Wizards. He wanted to leave, and now that he's done, he's trying to get out putting 'blame' on the team and making them look bad. He did the exact same thing with the Bulls when he left. He's retired 3 times already, its getting ridiculous. I think he is one of the most arrogant self-centered annoying people!

He said he was shocked... Is there anything wrong with that? Absolutely not. I don't think his words were very strong at all.

The circumstances around the breaking up of the Bulls in 98 were pretty pathetic. Krause/Reinsdorf disbanded a championship team that still wanted to play together for no reason other than to show the world that they could build another championship team from scratch. Ummm if you already have a team that's capable of winning championship, why take it apart in hopes that you could possibly build something close to it. Yeah, and look at the Bulls since 1998....

Jordan is the shiznit.

And now Reinsdork..ooops, I mean dorf, is no longer with the Bulls.....I personally wish Michael would come back to Chicago and help rebuild the team, maybe not to greatness but to an enjoyable team to watch.

Don't forget that Reinsdork is also involved with another team in Chicago that has gone to hell in the past couple of years. Good players are gone when we could have kept them. I guess you live and just close your eyes!

Abe Pollin looked at Michael Jordan, said "I can may some SERIOUS money if I can get him to play again". 40 Million in 2 years...pay off MJ's contract at 10 million, still seeing a 30 million profit off of the whole thing.

Are you in the DC area, Minnie? I'm not a roundball fan, but he got a lot of people CARING about the Wizards (to get my DH interested in anything but racing is a major achievement), arrogant or not. The man knows basketball.

My favorite baseball team has gone from the bottom, to the top, to the bottom, to the top. I still love them, no matter where they are. I understand the desire to have a team that's not constantly in the basement, but to expect a miracle in two or three seasons is the stuff of made for TV movies, not reality.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter