MIB Scores

h20jag

<br><font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=m
No one brags about their scores anymore. Why?
Should I be happy as "cosmically challenged" , or is there a better place?
Open to suggestions on attaining a higher score. Any help appreciated!
J

Let's see...first time I rode I think I wiped my score from my memory it was soooo bad! I was addicted from that moment though. I cant remember but I am thinking my high score was 450,000. Unfortunately my riding partners were my 2 boys! Total scores...not very good :rolleyes:

jessica5.gif

The best ranking you can get is "Galaxy Defender," where you'll be told that your fresh new MIB suit will be ready for you next Wednesday.

The tips that I've found useful are these:

1) The gun is automatic. That is, just hold down the trigger and it will keep firing. It took me forever to figure that one out, but my finger thanked me once I did.

2) At the start of the ride, in the "target shooting" area, pick one of the aliens and shoot it as much as you can, using tip #1. This way you don't waste time aiming on a different target after each shot. My max score leaving this area was ~41,000, but I'm sure that can easily be beaten.

3) My friend swears by this rule, but I don't know if it really helps or not. He says to concentrate on the smaller aliens hiding up in the windows and such.

4) Many of the aliens later on can be shot several times, like the alien in the window with the one big eye.

5) If you are on the right side track, you can still hit some of the left side's aliens, like the ones in the trees just before the scan.

6) The fusion exhaust port. After a while, the car opposite you will stop spinning when its port is hit. That doesn't mean you can't still score off of it... Using tip #1 you can hit it 5 or 6 times in a row quite easily.

7) Push the red button at the end.

My personal best is 735,375, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone posting here a while back a score higher than that (and I don't mean 999,999 due to the ride stopping).

Good luck!

I seemed to get better scores when shooting aliens in the mouth. Anyone else find this?

jessica5.gif

My top score was 500,000. You can hit some aliens many times. The training room is one place that you can rack up a lot of points. You can hit an alien many times. I usually do that and come out of that area with around 20,000 to 30,000 points.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

I did not know that you can hold the trigger down! Good to know, my finger thanks you too!

I usually count on the red button to build up points. Constantly shooting whether you see an opponent or not is a theory of mine... :rolleyes:

Since I ride with my son and want HIM to get more points than I do, I usually hold back and press the button FOR him. I'd like to see what I could get without this concern.....

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

With all these hints, I will have a hard time beating everyone at the Universal meet! :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom

Okay I have a question about that little red button. Since I never did the queue I wasnt sure when to push it. The first few times I never even pushed it. They kept saying dont push it...why? and when at the end do you push it? Thanks :D

jessica5.gif

You push it when an MiB agent says, "There's only one thing left to do -- push the red button!"

Of course, at the meet, you can push it after I do. :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom

There is a target not far from the entrance on the backside of the alien that gives you 100,000 points when hit. Anyone know what I am talking about?

--->"where you'll be told that your fresh new MIB suit will be ready for you next Wednesday"

I had a score of 611,000. As for the suit line I have heard this everytime I went on the ride no matter what the score.

<A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~dznefreek/IOAGuide1.html" TARGET=_blank><font color=royalblue>Visit the Unofficial Guide to Islands of Adventure!</A>

In my experiences, if you rank as a Galaxy Defender, you get the suit. If you're Cosmically Average, you get this alien boss thing saying "you zigged when you should have zagged." If you're Bug Bait, then nothing happens.

I'm not sure of the exact scores that determine which ranking you get.

I've never heard of that target but I'd like to check it out the next time I go. Could you give a little more detail about its location?

I rode it today,

If you are on the right side you get the message about the suit will be ready next wednesday. On the left side you get the coach telling you should have zigged when you zagged....

My Score was 645,000 3 of us on the car got the bonus which I had never seen before...

I believe the only difference you will find is in the two final video segments.

Thanks for the tip in about holding the button down. Didn't improve my score, but improved my finger health. ;-)

If so, I am Doomed!

Disney, USF, IOA, BGT, SW weekly since 1997
Quarterly since birth!

At a Universal meet, three of us got the 100,000 point bonus. I guess we all hit the button at the same time!

guy.gif

Barry Hom

That I believe was also my high MIB score-740,000!! This of course will be bested very shortly...

"Compose your final, loathesome dirge!"

Hey I never like to post incorrect material so here is a retraction and an update:

I earlier indicated that the scene refering to either the tailor or coach was dependant upon track.

Nope...On the Left Track the tailor is on the left the coach on the right. On the right it is the same. You can only see the one lit up (dependant on your cars average). Sorry for wrong info.

If so, I am Doomed!

Disney, USF, IOA, BGT, SW weekly since 1997
Quarterly since birth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter