Miami port?

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
what time does the port of Miami open?
Our flight lands at 7 am and we are wondering what to do to kill time until our 11:30 PAT. Can we go to the port and sit in the waiting area until our time to check in or can we not enter until 11:30? I know getting there early won’t change our boarding number, I’m more of just looking for somewhere to kill time.

I was thinking of grabbing breakfast and then taking an Uber to the port and just waiting it out if we can. Thanks in advance for any advice!

what time does the port of Miami open?
Our flight lands at 7 am and we are wondering what to do to kill time until our 11:30 PAT. Can we go to the port and sit in the waiting area until our time to check in or can we not enter until 11:30? I know getting there early won’t change our boarding number, I’m more of just looking for somewhere to kill time.

I was thinking of grabbing breakfast and then taking an Uber to the port and just waiting it out if we can. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I believe it was around 11 a.m. (might be a little beforehand). So, you'll just be standing outside if you arrive beforehand. If the uber driver is willing to wait for 15-20 minute, one thing you can do is try to hit up a grocery store to get alcohol, water, snacks, etc. for the trip.

We had port arrival time at 11 am, but our shuttle transfer arrived earlier than 11 am and the port terminal was already open. We were able to go through security, checked in and waited for character meets next to the boarding entrance. Waiting on the left side of the entrance (when facing it) allowed you to see the characters coming and leaving for their meet & greet. We didn’t know ahead of time and sat on the right side. People opposite us kept waving to the characters. We boarded a bit later than when we usually do at Port Canaveral. We were group 3 and they started boarding around 12:10 pm. We waited next to the entrance and for the first time I was able to see the family of the day boarding ceremony.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which is very near the cruise port. Our shuttle left the hotel at 10:30 and we were at the port by 10:40ish. The port terminal was already open and we went immediately through security , checked in, and proceeded to the waiting area (which was quite nice). Like pp said, they started boarding shortly after 12:00, but after group 2, there was an announcement that further boarding would be delayed. I'm guessing the delay was maybe 20-30 minutes, then they proceeded with the rest of the boarding groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter