Miami Port Hotels and Port Transportation

mikaj3645

Mouseketeer
My husband and i will be sailing out of Miami in September, flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Where do people recommend staying the night before, and what do you use for transportation from the airport t the hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport?

Spoiler alert - not a Disney cruise, but still need to know. Thanks for your help!!

Back in 2014 before the WBPC cruise we stayed at the Comfort Suites Hotel. They picked us up at the airport and shuttled us and many others to the port. You get a free drink card for the bar when you check in and a sports bar with decent food is a short walk down the street. I also found a 7/11 type store up the street in the opposite direction from the sports bar where I was able to purchase a six-pack to take aboard the Wonder. I'm not sure of the hotel's address but you can figure it out on their web site.

I just booked a room at the Comfort Suites North Miami Airport for our May 2019 cruise. It sounded like a good price and seems convenient for airport and port transportation. I’m sure it’s not in the most exciting area of Miami but we are flying from the west coast and are not likely to arrive before evening anyway, the day before our cruise. Plus their rooms seem to fit five.

I cruised in February non Disney :upsidedow We flew into Ft. Lauderdale the night before. It was a later flight (arrived around 7) and we booked a Hampton Garden Inn just south of Ft. Lauderdale airport.

The next morning we did a Lyft to the port of Miami. I think we left around 10:30. it was very easy. Got us to the port at a good time.

So that's another option.

We normally fly into FLL to cruise out of Miami and generally get in early morning so like to stay on the waterway. We get a day pass on the water taxi and enjoy the day around FLL. In the morning we get picked up by Jiffy Jeff's for transfer to port, the service is reliable, great vehicles and drivers and reasonably priced. On the return, pick up is on the taxi limo curb and easy to find.

I just booked a room at the Comfort Suites North Miami Airport for our May 2019 cruise. It sounded like a good price and seems convenient for airport and port transportation. I’m sure it’s not in the most exciting area of Miami but we are flying from the west coast and are not likely to arrive before evening anyway, the day before our cruise. Plus their rooms seem to fit five.
We stayed at the Comfort Suites North Miami Airport in March. It was a nice hotel and our room was very spacious with two queens, a couch, coffee table, and a small wet bar. We appreciated the free breakfast in the morning and the free shuttle to the port. It was a stress-free way to start our cruise. We would definitely stay there again.

We stayed here this past May. It was suitable overall for the night before and transportation. The shuttle to the hotel (from airport) was the major negative. We had to wait 30 mins because the first one came full and the next one we were standing (for what seemed like 10 min ride there). The room was OK -- a bit dated, but clean enough and large. We had no shampoo in our room so had to ask for that (and soap too). The breakfast was somewhere between eh and OK. The transportation to the port was good (on time and efficient). We didn't get in early enough to check out the other amenities (pool, etc).

We stayed here this past May. It was suitable overall for the night before and transportation. The shuttle to the hotel (from airport) was the major negative. We had to wait 30 mins because the first one came full and the next one we were standing (for what seemed like 10 min ride there). The room was OK -- a bit dated, but clean enough and large. We had no shampoo in our room so had to ask for that (and soap too). The breakfast was somewhere between eh and OK. The transportation to the port was good (on time and efficient). We didn't get in early enough to check out the other amenities (pool, etc).

Thanks for the review! I am not surprised. It looks like a 2.5* hotel and sounds like one too. Well, we’ll see. It’s a big trip for us and saving some money may make this place worthwhile I guess.

I cruised in February non Disney :upsidedow We flew into Ft. Lauderdale the night before. It was a later flight (arrived around 7) and we booked a Hampton Garden Inn just south of Ft. Lauderdale airport.

The next morning we did a Lyft to the port of Miami. I think we left around 10:30. it was very easy. Got us to the port at a good time.

So that's another option.
This seems like it might work for us. We are getting into Ft. Lauderdale fairly late. Did you take a Lyft from the airport as well? And how far was it to the Port from the hotel? Thanks so much!

We stayed at a Hampton Garden Inn, south of the airport. They had free shuttle from airport to the hotel. I took a while for the shuttle to get there, but that was the day of the school shooting near Ft. Lauderdale. A lyft might have been quicker. The ride was approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour from the Hampton Garden Inn to the port of Miami. Leaving at 10:30 was ideal to get us to the terminal just after they were letting people in. Good luck

We are also flying into FLL. Would there be any hotels that are beach front that would pick us up free and Jeffy Jeff or SAS pick up location as well? Never been to FLL so not sure if the beach is near. Since we will not have a car we would need a hotel that has a place to eat inside or next door.

We are also flying into FLL. Would there be any hotels that are beach front that would pick us up free and Jeffy Jeff or SAS pick up location as well? Never been to FLL so not sure if the beach is near. Since we will not have a car we would need a hotel that has a place to eat inside or next door.
I am flying into FLL as well. Unfortunately beach front hotels are too far for free transfer from the airport.

If you are at the beach, the strip is fun especially in the evening. Just don't be there during Spring Break unless you are ok with a bit younger and loud crowd. I don't think I have ever seem things out of hand but not our cup of tea.

My husband and i will be sailing out of Miami in September, flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Where do people recommend staying the night before, and what do you use for transportation from the airport t the hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport?

Spoiler alert - not a Disney cruise, but still need to know. Thanks for your help!!
we stayed at the BW Premier inn MIA great service great room excellent shuttle to port and back to Airport we paid 100.00 on a hotel site

We have sailed from Miami several times. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn nearest to Miami Cruise port. Beach/Park/ shops are rifght across the street. We just get a shared ride car service from FLL to the hotel and then a taxi from hotel to cruise port.

We flew into FLL and stayed in South Beach, then took Uber to the port. South Beach is about 10-15 minutes from port, very convenient on the morning of the cruise. I’d recommend the Kimpton Surfcomber hotel. It’s on the beach and a fun hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter