Mexican Children Begging???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I understand your thinking....I don't agree with it, but I understand. There is a fine line between enabling and helping. I've dealt with enough addition to believe that once someone is on the streets begging for money, they have passed the proverbial 'bottom' that was supposed to drive them to rehab. It is my opinion what they need at this point is to survive long enough until they can get real help. It's hard for people to understand that the addict does not necessary need or want food. That is why you sometimes get the violent reaction when you offer to by them a meal. They don't want what you think they need! Most of the time they just want something to help them make it thru the day....that might be a bottle of wine or it might be food or it might be herione or crack. They will get it one way or the other. Either they will steal, rob or sell their body...but they will get what their body tells them they 'need' to survive.

I, too, know what you are saying and am somewhat jaded based on personal, real life experience and appreciate you not attacking or judging in your response. Thanks.

This thread has now run its course so it will be closed. Thanks to those of you who provided some good info and to everyone...please, please review the board guidelines on snarky remarks and name calling.

Thank you.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter