Metal Water Bottles? Can you take them on plane?

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is the wrong place but finding cold water in the parks sometimes is difficult. I was hoping to take my metal water bottle because it keeps water cold a long time. But I've never taken my metal bottle on the plane.

We’ve taken one for many years now. Have it empty going through security. We usually fill it up after so I don’t have to pay airport prices for a bottle of water.

Yes and we love using ours in the parks.

Last edited:
Yes!

And some can even keep ice water cold in 95 degree weather for the better part of the day as I found out!

Loved our Brita metal bottles on our recent trip. The TS agent on our return trip did ask me about the bottle but I assured him it was empty. There were fill stations near the gates which was wonderful. This was also my first trip where the plane had cup holder on the seatbacks. Loved them! We were thrilled that we also had ice the entire day which was fabulous during our 90+ degree vacation. Just be sure your bottle is empty when going through airport security and you are good to go!

We’re going to keep answering. Let’s see if we can get this thread to hit 100 before the week ends.

Yes you can. Just make sure that it is empty going through TSA.

Sorry if this is the wrong place but finding cold water in the parks sometimes is difficult. I was hoping to take my metal water bottle because it keeps water cold a long time. But I've never taken my metal bottle on the plane.

I do it all the time (hydroflask/yeti user). Like others mentioned. Go through TSA with it empty then either buy a cold water in the terminal or go by and fill it with ice and water at a self serve in one of the restaurants. I've never had any one complain. Thought some places want you to ask for a cup of ice water and that's fine too.

In the parks I just stop off at the food court every morning and either get a large ice water from the counter or use the self serve (don't know if they are back open yet) before I get on the bus and then refill throughout the day as needed.

Anyplace else I'm visiting I just go to the hotel restaurant or the free breakfast and in one case the BAR! LOL

Our flights from home to Orlando usually leave in the morning. So, I usually use mine to carry some hard-boiled eggs with me through security and then eat them at the gate for breakfast while waiting for the flight. The night before I fill it with ice-water so it's nice and cold in the morning. It works like a charm!
When I'm finished with my eggs, I go rinse it out and fill it with water. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter