Metal Verandahs - Deck 8 Aft

TravelingDi

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this question has been asked but for some reason I can't get the search function of these boards to ever give me any results.

Can anyone tell me if and where the metal verandahs start on deck 8. It looks like there are a few aft in the picture. I am looking at cabin 8088 and would like to know if the verandah is metal or plexi.

Also, what would your preference be? I have only sailed in a cabin with the plexi and I thought it was great. Not sure about the metal.

Thanks for your help!

I also very much DISLIKE the search engine now.

Hope they reinstall something that we can use effectively. Don't know their reason for not letting us do it.

Deck 8 aft is not plexiglass, it is metal.

I apologize if this question has been asked but for some reason I can't get the search function of these boards to ever give me any results.

Can anyone tell me if and where the metal verandahs start on deck 8. It looks like there are a few aft in the picture. I am looking at cabin 8088 and would like to know if the verandah is metal or plexi.

Also, what would your preference be? I have only sailed in a cabin with the plexi and I thought it was great. Not sure about the metal.

Thanks for your help!

If you take a look at the DCL deck plans for deck 8, any cabin with a metal verandah has an asterisk to the right of the cabin number. Cabin 8088 is the last cabin on the port side that has a plexiglass verandah.

We've had both types, and found that by the end of the week, the salt water spray coated the plexiglass enough that we couldn't see through it too well. I do prefer the plexiglass, but that hasn't stopped me from booking a cabin with metal.

Not including Deck 8, another easy way to tell which cabins have the metal verandah is to look at the deck plan and any cabin aft of the purple staterooms (the Navigator Veranda - Cat 7) on Decks 5, 6, & 7 are cabins with the metal veranda.

I am glad it's just not me who is having trouble with the search.

Thank you for all your help! I am booking today! :yay:

On one of our last cruises in Nov. 06, we stayed in connecting cat 4's, 8090 and 8092.
8090 had a half plexi, half metal verandah, like it was cut in half (probably the first stateroom where the metal veandahs started), and our other stateroom 8092 had an all metal verandah. I am positive that 8088 the one right before ours had the last full plexiglass verandah. We absolutely loved these staterooms. Being on deck 8 aft, even having metal verandah and a partially metal verandah, was worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter