Metal in Body vs park scanners

What did you Google that brought you results for Cochlear Implants? I tried so many variations on Google and got nothing! I found things for regular metal detectors but this sounds like different technology than your average detector.
"cochlear implant metal detector"

"cochlear implant metal detector"
Yes, I found things on regular metal detectors but from what people are describing in this thread and on the website for the Evolv Cortex AI technology, it sounds different than a regular metal detector. I don't care if I set it off, inconvenient, but not a big deal. I worry the mapping will be erased which means my CI will be unusable for my trip. That would be a nightmare! I have tried to Google these things with CI and come up with nothing.

Yes, I found things on regular metal detectors but from what people are describing in this thread and on the website for the Evolv Cortex AI technology, it sounds different than a regular metal detector. I don't care if I set it off, inconvenient, but not a big deal. I worry the mapping will be erased which means my CI will be unusable for my trip. That would be a nightmare! I have tried to Google these things with CI and come up with nothing.
I would be shocked if they didn't know what to do. Tons of people with cochlear implants go to WDW. More than likely, they'll just wand you from the neck down. You can call WDW Disabled Services and ask.

I would be shocked if they didn't know what to do. Tons of people with cochlear implants go to WDW. More than likely, they'll just wand you from the neck down. You can call WDW Disabled Services and ask.
This is the device apparently being used by Disney: https://www.evolvtechnology.com/products/evolv-express I would suggest writing to the company directly with your questions and seeing what kind of response you get. If they say they are safe, ask for copies of any certifications they have indicating such.

Both are good ideas. Thank you! I have sent an email to Evolv and will look into contacting WDW Disability services.

Both are good ideas. Thank you! I have sent an email to Evolv and will look into contacting WDW Disability services.

Another suggestion I have seen elsewhere with regard to medical devices, like some body-worn diabetes devices or impanted pacemakers, is to contact the manufacturer of your medical device; they may have recommended guidance regarding the Evolve scanners specifically or that class of scanner in general [as well as other kinds of security screening situations/devices].

Good luck getting the info you need to make informed decisions!

SW

You can always ask to be hand searched as well. They do that for people who cannot leave ecv or wheelchair and walk through scanner. I don’t have great balance so I didn’t feel comfortable walking when it was super busy and people aren’t paying great attention. They wanded me down. Rod in leg doesn’t set that off and they didn’t get close enough for the screws to since you could obviously see my bare leg had nothing on it

You can always ask to be hand searched as well. They do that for people who cannot leave ecv or wheelchair and walk through scanner. I don’t have great balance so I didn’t feel comfortable walking when it was super busy and people aren’t paying great attention. They wanded me down. Rod in leg doesn’t set that off and they didn’t get close enough for the screws to since you could obviously see my bare leg had nothing on it

Yes, that's what I was wondering and asked in the email. They responded and told me to just go to a security person and ask to be wanded so that's my plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!