menu and pictures of food at carioca's

cmash95

a princess at heart
ok the magic has been back long enough for someone to have taken pictures of the food at carioca's on the magic. Can someone please put some up as well as the menu? really looking forward to seeing the new stuff

I liked Carioca's but more for the ambiance than the food. It is probably because I'm not used to that cuisine. Neither myself nor my husband liked the empenada. I didn't care for the black bean soup either for some reason. Husband very much enjoyed his plate of ribs I believe (I'm hoping that I'm not confusing his dish with another restaurant). I got the entree with the skewered lamb, tenderloin, and sausage with shrimp. I did NOT like the sausage at all. LOVED the tenderloin and shrimp. My table mates weren't very open to trying most of the entrees and stuck with basic chicken or steak. The banana bread was very yummy and lightly flavored. Overall, I think I could skip Carioca's if I sail the Magic again.

Side note not relating to the food...we had very rough seas (this was 11/10/13 sailing) and it was very noticeable in this particular restaurant. The wait staff were having to grab hold of tables and chairs to keep them steady. I asked if it was more noticeable due to the location of the restaurant and the server said no, it was just an unusually rough sea.

ok the magic has been back long enough for someone to have taken pictures of the food at carioca's on the magic. Can someone please put some up as well as the menu? really looking forward to seeing the new stuff

I'll see what I can do:

1461363_539755336116096_1507087960_n.jpg

553217_539755379449425_455883676_n.jpg

Lobster Croquette. Fair. Not much lobster meat nor taste:

1395829_539755429449420_253804962_n.jpg

Empanada, quite good:

60619_539755449449418_980141713_n.jpg

Pineapple salad, good:

1459194_539755482782748_274186126_n.jpg

Spiced chicken and vegetable soup, good:

564414_539755509449412_1015338755_n.jpg

Meat! "Skewered and Grilled Brazilian Sausage, Adobo Chili Crusted Lamb and Tenderloin with Mexican Tomato Rice, Jumbo Shrimp, Chimichurri, and a Lime-Garlic Orange Mojo."

1394390_539755556116074_1370851464_n.jpg

Lobster, shrimp, and mahi-mahi skewers, my favorite dish from all the MDR's in the Disney fleet!:

555969_539755579449405_661582369_n.jpg

I asked (and received!) a plate with the four entrees on it (not the Jose Carioca(. The fish items was just ok. The lobster skewers were amazing. So was the beef. But the pork belly was out of this world amazing. They came with the cous cous which was yummy.

The lobster croquettes were good for an app but I liked the tuna tower better.

Here is the pork belly. Delicious!

And the specialty drink Caipirosa. Also delicious - reminds me of sangria.

I was looking forward to the new Cariocas. Even had some of the dishes that are pictured. Turned out to be our least favorite dining room. Food is very subjective.

I have to agree with the posters who did not care for the food at Cariocas. I usually will try anything (within reason) and was actually considering the kids menu for Cariocas night. I really was not impressed with any of the menus on the Magic, but that is another story. My cousin ordered the pork belly and literally thought she was going to throw up after the first bite. It has become a family joke requesting "NO pork belly" for family gatherings. I think the menus in general catered too much to the exotic tastes of some cultures and could be more inclusive to the different tastes, nationalities, etc., dining on the cruises. My husband and I will be on the Magic this weekend and have decided to avoid the dining rooms altogether. We may do dinner at Cabanas but other than the buffets we will take our meals on deck 9 and maybe room service.

** as an added note: We were seated with another couple and their 12yr old at dinner and I believe their opinion of the menus were the same so we were not being overly picky. There were more than a few chicken breasts ordered at our table for our 3nt cruise **

I have to agree with the posters who did not care for the food at Cariocas. I usually will try anything (within reason) and was actually considering the kids menu for Cariocas night. I really was not impressed with any of the menus on the Magic, but that is another story. My cousin ordered the pork belly and literally thought she was going to throw up after the first bite. It has become a family joke requesting "NO pork belly" for family gatherings. I think the menus in general catered too much to the exotic tastes of some cultures and could be more inclusive to the different tastes, nationalities, etc., dining on the cruises. My husband and I will be on the Magic this weekend and have decided to avoid the dining rooms altogether. We may do dinner at Cabanas but other than the buffets we will take our meals on deck 9 and maybe room service.

** as an added note: We were seated with another couple and their 12yr old at dinner and I believe their opinion of the menus were the same so we were not being overly picky. There were more than a few chicken breasts ordered at our table for our 3nt cruise **

I agree about the menus/food on the Magic in general. I'm not a fan. In fact, we are planning to cruise the Magic again in October, and our plan is to eat at Cabanas for dinner. My kids did a couple times on our last cruise and thought it was better than the main dining rooms.

I can't say anything about the taste, but the menu and food pictures look awesome to me.

We intentionally made a late spa ressie for the night we are to dine in Carioca's so that we can have Cabanas for dinner. :)

Me too!

I would be very very disappointed if the menus contained only boring and typical American-type fare.
I feel exactly the same way. I would rather eat a different country's/culture's food than American. Even at home I usually cook Asian, Latin or European dishes.

My in-laws are on the Dream right now. After looking at the menus (before they left), MIL said she didn't know what she was going to eat because everything looked so weird and exotic. I told her she could just get a plain steak or chicken. Everyone is different and I totally respect that. I just hope DCL doesn't get rid of the more interesting food offerings because the non-adventurous eaters complain about the menus.

Has anybody tried the banana bread? Just wondering if it's the same banana bread that the Magic and Wonder had for years.

Thank you,
Ginny

I agree about the menus/food on the Magic in general. I'm not a fan. In fact, we are planning to cruise the Magic again in October, and our plan is to eat at Cabanas for dinner. My kids did a couple times on our last cruise and thought it was better than the main dining rooms.

I'm with you my family felt the same way, most of the food on Magic's main dining was not very good especially the food at Cariocas. I love foreign food but the food was just not made well. I had some of those dishes (or close to) before and loved them but on Magic YUCK! Cabanas will defiantly be on menu the night of Cariocas. Disney needs to change the menus on Magic for sure.

Just off the Magic on Monday. I wouldn't say yuck, but Carioca's was my least favorite menu although I did enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant. The best meal was in Lumiere's. Delicious and lovely feel. AP was pretty good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter