Memory Maker / PhotoPass - Just Checking

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
Hello All:

This trip was going to be my first time doing Memory Maker. But as my arrival day approaches in 3 weeks I am really thinking about holding on to that 169.00 for more spending (heck, that 169 will take care of all of my character meals - and honestly, that's the bulk of my spending. The rest is mostly trinkets). I just want to make sure: I am able to get the same Photopass opportunities without having purchased MM, correct? I know I have 45 days to purchase MM after I get home, plus can pay for 15 day extension if needed. So if the photo "opportunities" are exactly the same, then I would indeed rather purchase it a couple of weeks after I get home. But if there are MORE photo "opportunities" reserved for those who have purchased MM - then it may be worth it to purchase MM right now. Just checking. I don't want to presume I have something right - when there may have been changes, etc.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Buying Memory Maker after the fact cost $199, not $169. You must buy it at least 3 days beforehand to get the advance price. If you are pretty sure you are buying it, might be worth saving $30 and buy it ahead of time.

Buying Memory Maker after the fact cost $199, not $169. You must buy it at least 3 days beforehand to get the advance price. If you are pretty sure you are buying it, might be worth saving $30 and buy it ahead of time.

Thank you, JPeterson. Yes, I am aware. The cost is not my question. Paying 30 dollars more after I return is not an issue for me. I am asking about the photo opportunities. If there are more or special photo "opportunities" having purchased MM in advance?

Will the feature where rides capture your photo and automatically link it to your magic band work if you don't have memory maker on your account? That would be my question....there is a photopass/memory maker info thread somewhere.

Will the feature where rides capture your photo and automatically link it to your magic band work if you don't have memory maker on your account? That would be my question....there is a photopass/memory maker info thread somewhere.
Yes, those photos still link to your account. They sell photos individually and they still want your money.

Yes, that was what I meant by the question in general. Are there extras not included if you don't purchase MM. But apparently not.

Yes, those photos still link to your account. They sell photos individually and they still want your money.

Thank you, Supersnoop! Yes, those where the types of things that I wasspeaking of when I asked if there was anything "MORE" if I purchased MM in advance.

Isn't the perk with buying Memory Maker the fact that you get to download ALL of your pictures for $169. instead of paying like $15. per picture without it?

Isn't the perk with buying Memory Maker the fact that you get to download ALL of your pictures for $169. instead of paying like $15. per picture without it?

Yes, that is the perk. But you can still purchase MM for 30 dollars more when you return. You are saving either way. My personal need is to keep that 169 in my pocket during my stay, that's all. 199 (@15 per photo) - would get me 13 pictures. I am still saving if I purchase Memory Maker when I return home at 199.00 Trust me, I will have far more than 13 pictures during my 8 day stay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter