• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memorial Day weekend question

SDdisneyguy

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I need your advice on which park to visit on which day.

My family has APs but we are taking some out of town visitors this weekend. They will have 2 day, 1 park per day tickets with no EMH. I am going round and round in circles trying to figure out which park to visit which day. Looks like DL has 7am EMH on Saturday and DCA has 8am EMH.

The few things we want to do is ride the new GOTG ride, MSEP, WOC and Fireworks. I have no idea how the crowds are going to be considering the new Summer of Heroes stuff at DCA.

The only thing I want to add is a mid day break on Saturday from 2pm to 7pm.

What do you guys think/suggest? Which park do you think will be busiest on which day?

Thank you in advance

I would not do DCA on Saturday. That's opening day for Guardians and it will be insane.

Both parks were totally insane today. I don't see it improving over the weekend. If there are differences they may be so slight you'll never notice them. If you were to do DCA on Saturday and could only get a GOTG FP for a window between 3-6, would you give up the break? If not, do DCA on Sunday.

Both parks were totally insane today. I don't see it improving over the weekend. If there are differences they may be so slight you'll never notice them. If you were to do DCA on Saturday and could only get a GOTG FP for a window between 3-6, would you give up the break? If not, do DCA on Sunday.

Omg, yes! It was utterly insane today in both parks although DL seemed worse. I cannot even imagine what the weekend will be like. Surprised they didn't close the gate at DL this early evening. You couldn't move. It seemed dangerous. We left, it was too much.

Omg, yes! It was utterly insane today in both parks although DL seemed worse. I cannot even imagine what the weekend will be like. Surprised they didn't close the gate at DL this early evening. You couldn't move. It seemed dangerous. We left, it was too much.
I waited an hour in the POTC line just watching the traffic reports because I figured standing in a line was similar to inching along in traffic. I don't even want to talk about the HSM line.

Don't forget that may 25 is last day of socal $150 3 day ticket.
So that is probably why so busy.

Not to say that Memorial Day weekend won't be busy, but at least that is over.

Good morning!

If we went to DCA on Saturday, I would probably be keeping an eye on the app for Guardians FP return window.

I think today is the FIRST day when the public can ride GOTG so I will be keeping an eye on the app for wait times and trends.

Since the lower tiered APs are blocked this weekend and it is peak pricing; I figured that would deter some of the crowds from coming down. We have never been there during Memorial Weekend.

Is the tip of going to the OPPOSITE park that has EMH still true?

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far, I really appreciate it.

The 27th is the first day that the public can ride GotG. If it's like recent openings with FP, they will go so quickly you won't be able to plan when you get in line what time you'll get an FP. If you wait until the app displays a time after 7pm, you may not get FP. I'd get in line for that FP first thing and take what you can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter