Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
What’s everyone up to this weekend? We were originally going to be taking a trip to Vermont and Montreal but decided to postpone for now. At the moment we are in the throes of pool opening which I am anticipating taking up a chunk of our weekend. We took the cover off today and found a lot of algae so we have started the vacuum/filter /shock process which will probably take a couple days. Hoping we can do a little hiking and maybe a dinner out in between. Other than that no big plans. What about you? Anything fun on the agenda?

Also pool opening!

We'll go place flags at the veterans cemetery tomorrow morning, and get lunch at a favorite place on the way back, but other than that, simple grilling out at home so we can work on the pool.

The pool we belong to opens this weekend, so we will probably head there at least one afternoon. Other than that, we will be doing some things around the house and relaxing.

I've got three weeks left for my two PhD classes, and the next two weeks, we've got plans for the next two weekends, so I really need to get ahead of my assignments. I'm getting a slow start today.

We are going out for dinner on Sunday night for our 34th wedding anniversary, though!

Today we went into Boston for morning coffee and to see the garden of flags at the Commons, lovely but solemn as there are always some people weeping & plainly family missing someone. At the Public Garden I was able to check on the few trees damaged by the last storm so I was thrilled to see they seemed to be saved, pruned quite a bit but looking strong and I love those trees so much. The Swan boats were floating by and lots of ducks with their babies were buzzing around, the parks were full of families and people with their dogs. I try to go every Memorial Day for the garden of flags.

D.E.C.L.U.T.T.E.R.I.N.G.

Then some spring/summer cleaning:

aspirat.gif
aspir1ateur.gif
machinelaver.gif
etendrelinge.gif
bigvaisselle.gif
cooking.gif

Yesterday I went to a garden center and bought four flats of annuals and a few other plants. I started putting them in the ground and into containers and finished up today.

Tomorrow is a BBQ at my cousin’s house.

Monday is up in the air. Rain forecast.

Finishing up staining the deck and trim on the farm porch and screen porch on the new house. DH has been at it for four weeks and I am the support crew supplying lunch and lots of coffee. Tomorrow, we decorate both porches in vintage NH lake house!

We found a barely used rattan settee with yellow/white/blue stripe sunbrella fabric and chippy blue leg 1930's white ceramic top table at Restore (FAVORITE place to shop) last summer, new white rockers, cushions, pillows and an indoor/outdoor blue/white rug on clearance last fall. We bought lots of vintage NH license plates in green and white, boat plates (blue) and old fruit and soda crates and sap buckets for flowers and ferns. White lights all around. Cookies and ice tea on the porch tomorrow afternoon!

:welcome:

This morning I weeded the garden, planted our annual flowers, and herbs, then went to a bridal shower.

Tomorrow we are headed to a friends for a bbq.

Monday I will be running errands, meal prepping, and cleaning.

Lots of yard work -
Today we power washed the house and the wrap around porch, husband planted 7 of the bushes I had bought at auction, plus I bush hogged the 2 acre lot next to our farm for our new neighbor.
Tomorrow is mowing - several hours on the zero turn & big tractor w/ finish mower. Plus weed wacking. BIL & SIL coming over for dinner tomorrow. Something simple- burgers & dogs probably.
I love hearing about everyone's pool opening! We start construction on our pool next week - really looking forward to it.
Monday it's supposed to rain buckets - think we may go out for breakfast 9 or lunch, depending on when we get going) and hit Lowes for some needed paint & wood sealant.
I'm going into the office on Tuesday but have myself out for the rest of the week probably.

Went to see Jay Leo on Friday night with my sister and her DH. Spending the rest of the weekend with different family members; just chillin'. Did make burgers and potato salad to chomp on whenever. :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter