• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Membership Extra list

Saint

Earning My Ears
In 2018 I was able to print a list of all discounts available in Disney World for DVC members arranged by category and by park (Dining, Shopping, etc) from the Disney website. Somewhere on it...
It was nice to have all of that to look at on only 2 1/2 pages. I highlighted things we were interested in and took note for which park we were going to be in that day. Anyone know what I am talking about and if there might be an updated one?

It was titled Walt Disney World Membership Extras for 2018

I used to keep exact spreadsheets of every cent we spent. Every penny, from the moment we left the house until we returned.

I kept track of all costs, including any and every discount we got. That would include DVC, AP, TiW, Disney Visa, Gas Gift Card, Coupon, etc.

My columns would be the date, description, each of the items above, and a total at the end.

Literally 10/4, Dt Coke - Mission Space, cost 3.50, AP Discount 0.70, total $2.80.
10/5, Shell Gas, $40, Publix $10 off gas card discount - $8, Total $32
10/6, McDonalds, $9.22, Coupon - $4, Total $5.22

I could see every penny I spent, every discount, my total beginning price and actual cost.

Yeah, ok, I am a numbers guy. I like to track these things.

In the past, I have seen different benefits lists, but I have never seen a comprehensive one.

Here are a few links, but sadly no one big PDF...
Annual Pass: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/
DVC: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers
Disney Visa: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks

That is amazing! One thing you sure must have learned from this is how much prices have increased over the years!!
The lifetime days in the park is also impressive :worship:

The list on the DVC site itself is so not maintained as to be a joke. Oh look at the discount on that thing that goes through December 2019! Thanks!

I did notice that DVC membership perks page has removed the ability to transfer & print their discounts as a PDF which is unfortunate. Instead, I have to make my own spreadsheet showing what discounts are available at the DVC location that I'm visiting.

Word of extreme caution: that page is ANCIENT, and riddled with locations that don't even exist anymore (I think I counted well over a dozen at DLR alone). I would seriously doubt its validity at this point.

Not ancient for WDW as it was updated in 2019 (really the last time things were added). Never had any issues back in January this year either with it.

Can't speak for DLR though.

Maybe there are some menu sites out there that list discounts but nothing like a quick reference guide that is going to be up to date any more than that honestly.

Not ancient for WDW as it was updated in 2019 (really the last time things were added). Never had any issues back in January this year either with it.

Can't speak for DLR though.

Maybe there are some menu sites out there that list discounts but nothing like a quick reference guide that is going to be up to date any more than that honestly.
Well, for Disneyland it's miles off:

Disneyland

Pluto's Dog House -Gone
Village Haus - Gone
Red Rose Tavern - Former Village Haus (duplicate)

DCA

Ariel's Grotto - Lamplight Lounge 2018
Cove Bar - Gone, part of Lamplight 2018
Taste Pilots Grill - Gone, became Smokejumpers in 2015 (another duplicate)

Disneyland Hotel

Lounge at Steakhouse 55 - Gone
Steakhouse 55 - Gone

Paradise Pier Hotel

Disney's PCH Grill - Gone
Surfside Lounge - Gone

Downtown Disney

ESPN Zone - Gone
Haagen-Dazs - Gone
Kayla's Cake - Gone
Rainforest Cafe - Gone

Granted some locations simply changed names, but others are duplicates and should be obvious to whoever compiled that. Also, some closures are more recent than others (Steakhouse 55), but ESPN Zone and Rainforest both closed way back in 2018.

As for shopping in DTD, more than half (10 of 19) of the brick and mortar locations (not kiosks or carts) listed are gone: Arribas Bros (never there, wrong Downtown Disney), Build A Bear (2016), California Limited, D-Street (2017), Dream Boutique (2018), ESPN Store (2018), Fossil (2016), Rainforest (2018), RIDEMAKERZ (2016), Sanuk, Something Silver (2016), which means half of the discounts are missing. Some of those have been gone for almost 6 years.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter