Membership card for both owners?

k_hase

Mouseketeer
I requested and received a new copy of my blue card, assuming I would be sent one in my name and one in my husbands name as we are co-purchasers. I only received one, with my name on it. My husband would like a card with his name on it, as we are not always together! When I try to request a new card or even just get a printable, I can only get a card with my name.

I just called and got a busy signal, so I'm killing time by asking here. How do I get him a card? Does he need to make a new disney log in (we only ever use mine, I do the planning and honestly, I don't want him mucking around in our reservations!)? Or can he just use the screen shot of my name with his ID with the same last name?

Does he have is own user name and password for the DVC member site? If he does, log on as him and request a card. Otherwise, he will need to call and request one.

Does he have is own user name and password for the DVC member site? If he does, log on as him and request a card. Otherwise, he will need to call and request one.

No, I've never made him a user name or password. I can do that, but I'm (probably foolishly) worried that it will mess up our next set of reservations. Will it?

Edited: I just tried that, realizing his Disney+/Hulu log in means he has an account. When it asked if he is a DVC member I filled in the account number but it also wants an activation code that we sent with our paperwork!!! My paperwork is pretty old...like more than a decade....So I called again, 40 minute wait time. He may just have to go without a card!!!

Last edited:

No, I've never made him a user name or password. I can do that, but I'm (probably foolishly) worried that it will mess up our next set of reservations. Will it?
Will not mess up anything, but you will have to call to get the one time access code needed to establish the online account. Might as well just call and have MS request a card for him.

Will not mess up anything, but you will have to call to get the one time access code needed to establish the online account. Might as well just call and have MS request a card for him.

Yes, I just learned that! 40 minute wait time today, so I'll try another day!

Yes, all 3 owner have accounts and cards. While my husband has an account, he doesn’t use it. Believe me,it’s nice having a second account to log into. Sometimes I’ve not been able to get into my own, so log into his. Not a big deal.

We each already had our own logon. I have requested a card 3 times at least with no luck. My wife was successful in getting one. The times I have needed it, the electronic card has been acceptable.

An online Disney account is not necessary to receive a Blue Member card. My adult son (21yo) has his own Blue Card (I added my children to the Deed two years ago) and he definitely does not have a Disney account.

Just call MS and ask for one in his name. I was able to do this for DH and adult son. Neither need a DVC log in. Told son once he starts paying annual fees he can get a log in.

Laura

I made a request for a card for my wife (on the deed, does not use an account) through chat on the DVC website. That worked too with no issue. I do not remember how long it took to receive it, as it was a couple years ago.

When I added a RIV to my August UY, it became a qualified membership and both my husband and I...along with my adult kids...all got new cards,

In the past, the cards have always come for both of us...and DH has no log in either,

Is he on the deed, or an associate member? Both get to have separate logins, but the associate doesn’t get a card at all.

Told son once he starts paying annual fees he can get a log in.

If you’re worried about him booking, you could always create his account and just not give him the info lol.

Yes, my wife has a blue card but does not have a log-in to the website. You should be able to call and request a card for him. My wife lost hers and we called for a new card and they sent one just for her.

My husband does not have a log in. I just asked for one for him and they sent it. Sent for all 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!