• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Services and Alamo

walter

DIS Veteran
Has anyone reserved a car from Alamo through Member Services and how did their rates compare to Alamo's website, Orbitz, etc.?Also, were you able to use any discounts in the Entertainment Book? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We compared prices and ended up getting an Alamo car through the website using a mousesaver code. It ended up being roughtly 7$ cheaper per day.

A quick Question? How was the service from Alamo i.e. pick up and drop off. I believe they have a MCO location now instead of an offsite location.

We got a great deal on an Alamo minivan in December. At that time, they were a 10 minute bus ride from the airport. We were gone for a week so the inconvenience of the shuttle bus was well worth the money we saved.

I was looking for a rate for October 03 through MS and then through travelocity.com. The travelocity rate for a minivan for Alamo was $37.25 cheaper than the rate I got through MS.

So much for those great rates through MS. You might be better off looking elsewhere. I hope this helps.

I just returned from WDW on Sunday and we rented a car from national, but I did notice that Alamo was doing everything that national was and right next door. They had the same number of employees and lots of cars! Looks like Alamo will be an option for me next time.

We rented in January, it was a breeze. No more shuttles, Alamo is located w/ the rest of them right in the airport. I may be mistaken but I thought I heard/read that Alamo and National were one in the same now? Not sure how that applys to rates though.

Alamo and National are "sister" companies. National is geared toward business travelers and Alamo is focusing on the vacation-recreational travelers They were right next to each other and were operating as separate companies last week. Who know about the future though:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter