Meli & Shaun's Wedding Trip:Sunset Pointe/Victoria & Albert's - Our Last Full Day

yearbook50

Mouseketeer<br><font color=darkorchid>I gave all o
February 5th, 2008 – The Arrival

Shaun & I woke up at 3:15am after only 3 hours of sleep where we decided to get ready for what was going to be a very long day. Our roommate decided the night before at like 10 to pay us for last month’s utilities so as soon as I was dressed I ran to the closest BoA center to deposit that check.

wedding010oi6.jpg

I got back around 3:30 and ensured we got everything we needed before taking our luggage to the curb. As the shuttle van pulled up, we began our ride to Logan Airport. Turns out our shuttle driver was a retiree from my company and he worked on the system that I’m working on replacing. Shaun laughed as the driver & I talked business the entire way there. I’m sure the others in the shuttled just *loved* it.

We checked our baggage and headed to the gate. That’s when it really hit Shaun & me that we are going to get married!!!

Our flight was uneventful. We slept and watched some tv & we arrived about 30 minutes early to MCO.

Disney Magical Express had absolutely no one in line for check in (it was 9:50am on a Tuesday Morning)

wedding014ie3.jpg

We were then on our way to the Polynesian!

We checked in at 10:45 where our room was already ready, 3203. It was right next to Tonga so it was a short walk to the Great Ceremonial House. Once we dropped off some stuff in the room, we decided to get lunch at Captain Cook’s:

wedding016ad2.jpg

I had the Pepperoni Flatbread: (so much better than usual Disney Pizza)
wedding017wv9.jpg

Shaun had the Bacon Cheeseburger: WARNING: Disney has changed their buns to these ‘wheat’ buns but not really real wheat buns. It disintegrated on Shaun while he was eating the burger and mad him a sad person:
wedding018kg9.jpg

After lunch, we caught a taxi in front of WL to go get our wedding license from the Kissimmee Court House.

Good thing we went then, as I didn’t realize that since I’m still technically a FL resident we would have the 3 day waiting period even though Shaun is a MA resident. (I have to switch residences now though :( )

We got through that quickly, then went outside to wait for a taxi…
45 minutes for it to arrive

$45 later we were back at the Polynesian & our luggage had arrive from the airport so we got a drink from the bar and went back to the room to unpack. I had been packing for like a month & I had no idea what I had & didn’t pack & I wanted to be able to call my mother if I needed her to get something for me.
As I got the room settled, Shaun took a nap (3 hours of sleep make cranky Shauns)
wedding019ie4.jpg

We explored the resort some more and relaxed & at 4:30pm we got a call from Shaun’s parents saying that they arrived so we decided to head over to the Wilderness Lodge. A monorail to Contemporary and a boat ride later, we arrived at the Wilderness Lodge around 5:00pm. They were all in the smoking area by the pool bar. We all got a drink, and waited until our dinner reservations at Artist Pointe at 6:00pm.

I could already see the drama that was going to unfold as we got sat for dinner. Allyson was cranky as she proclaimed there was nothing on the menu she liked and had a hissy fit. She was sitting next to MIL and MIL told her off in a nice quiet manner. I just kinda sat there and sipped my wine.

5 out of 7 of us really enjoyed our dinners…I had Buffalo which I enjoyed & Shaun had the Pork. Allyson & GF (she will be referred to as GF this whole trip report as she has the same name as me & I don’t want to confuse anyone) didn’t seem to, but frankly I didn’t care. Allyson, MIL, and FIL decided they wanted to go out for a smoke, so it was GF, Nana, Shaun & me left as we were waiting to sign the bill. Tonight, Allyson & I were suppose to go to PI for us to hang out. GF flat out tells me she doesn’t want Allyson to go as she doesn’t want to deal with it. I’m livid at this point as well, I cancelled plans with my UCF friends after the hissy fit Allyson had that Sunday and well frankly I didn’t care. The receipts come & all of us go outside to the smoking area.

After talking for a bit, Allyson and I go for a little walk and I tell her exactly that her GF didn’t want her to go out because she doesn’t want to deal with a cranky you and whatever. She tells me to ignore the GF & she doesn’t care what the GF says. Good, that makes me feel better.

Apparently why we were talking, Shaun had a conversation with the GF that made her shut up at least to me.

Ally, GF, & Nana went up to their room as Nana needed sleep and Ally wanted to change & discuss things with the GF.

Ally & I then headed to Pleasure Island where I got given a tiara, vial & a new husband voodoo doll. (Too funny about that…even Shaun laughed when I showed it to him)

We started at the Adventurer’s Club where I had a few drinks we then took a look at some of the dance clubs where almost all of them were dead…the only one with anything going on was the 8Tracs where I got pulled into to Dance with a bunch of 30/40 year men pull me into to dance with them. There are now random pictures of me taking on other people’s cameras somewhere that well, I guess I’ll never see. We then got a bucket where Ally didn’t drink much of it. We went to a smoking area on a bench by the old Rock’n’Roll Club where Ally had a smoke and we met two of the creepiest men who were trying to find directions to a better club area of Orlando. They were so obviously gone & trying to hit on Ally. They didn’t really get it that Ally doesn’t like guys…

We called it a night around midnight as everyone was suppose to meet at 8:45am at the entrance of EPCOT.

During this time, Shaun & GF decided to get desserts at Kona Café as I had mentioned the Kona Cone earlier an the GF got wicked excited about it. Turns out they both got cheesecake though.

Shaun & I went to bed when I got back to the room. We actually slept apart as we had two queens and we both wanted to sprawl, which we continued to do until the wedding night.

Yay! you started. Can't wait to read more!

disintegrating "wheat buns", yum-o :rotfl2:
Thanks.
I know...Shaun was so sad. Those wheat buns are also the same reason we didn't get a yummy hot dog from Casey's. Disney needs to get rid of those buns. You don't buy a hot dog b/c you want to be healthy do you?

Great start! Can't wait for more!
Thanks!

great beginning waiting to hear more....:)
I should have the next part up tonight or tomorrow.

I'm so glad you started your TR!!:banana:

popcorn:: more pics please
Pics are a bit light the first two days. But I do have ton of pics of the day before and the wedding though.

Great start!

popcorn::
Thanks

February 6th, 2008
Shaun & I woke up at 7:30am and got ready for the day.

Around 8:00, we headed to Captain Cook’s for breakfast where Shaun had nothing as he thought I was dumb for just wanting a croissant so he didn’t want a real breakfast if I wasn’t having one?

We decided to walk to the TTC to take the monorail to EPCOT.

We decided to wait for his family at the benches right next to the bag checking station.
At 8:45am, they still weren’t there.
At 9:00am, we get a call saying they still haven’t left the Wilderness Lodge. So Shaun & I decide to head to Test Track & call them afterwards & see what their status is.

Still weren’t on their way as Nana forgot she needed to eat…
Shaun & I decided to go on Mission:Space (Orange Side of course)

We then called them again & they were at the bus stop finally.

Shaun & I decide to hang around Innoventions and Mousegears until they arrive, when we finally get the call at 10:30 that they are here.

We get our fastpasses for soarin and then went on Living with the Land. Afterwards we split up as Nana & MIL don’t do intense rides, so I stuck with them as they didn’t know their way around. Shaun, Allyson, GF, & FIL go off to do Test Track & Mission:Space while I take the others to the Nemo Ride & Turtle Talk. It was cute to see Nana singing along to the Nemo ride.

We were meeting everyone up at Club Cool, so I took MIL & Nana to try to the different sodas. Being evil, I got MIL to try Beverly who then plotted to get Nana to try it. Oh poor Nana…

Nana got laughed at by this group of guys who then convinced her to try this ‘other’ great soda (it was also Beverly)

We all met up & got ice cream for lunch as that is what Nana wanted. We went on Soarin. MIL & Nana were not a fan of it. To make up for it, we went on Spaceship:Earth. I really like those updates.

At this point, Allyson & GF left us & they had to exchange locker stuff with Nana, MIL & FIL.

As we were waiting for the great locker exchange…

wedding022zw9.jpg

Once that was over with, we decided it was time to go through the World Showcase on our way to dinner at Le Cellier. I got a strawberry Margarita, which ended up being drank mostly by Nana (who said she didn’t want one, but we all knew better)

We didn’t get to tour the countries much as we only had an hour until our ADR but we had to stop a lot has the day was wearing on Nana as this is more walking than she has done in a long time.

Dinner was good. MIL was not a fan of the cheese soup. I loved my Duck Confit. FIL enjoyed his Beef & Barley soup. Shaun, MIL & I had the Maple BBQ Filet, which we all enjoyed. Nana got the pasta. FIL got the Prime Rib.

Then onto desserts,
Our desserts at Le Cellier:
wedding023qf9.jpg

wedding024cn3.jpg

And as we left for the day,

After Dinner, we left EPCOT. We confirmed we were meeting at 7:45am tomorrow for the Magic Kingdom. MIL, FIL, and Nana headed back to the WL & Shaun and I went back to the Polynesian, where we hung out until bed.

Yay! I'm excited you started your report!

It was so nice to meet you at Hollywood Studios - and EVERYWHERE else! It cracked me up every time we ran into you guys (and thanks for the tip about the shorter line at Tower of Terror - we used it all week!).

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: Congratulations!!! :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm loving your trip report so far. I'm at work, but I'm hoping that I can collect my thoughts enough to start mine tonight. I like your clear and honest report and I'm glad to see that we weren't the only ones with drama. Family drama. Park drama. Just drama! Keep writing and I'll keep reading!
:thumbsup2

WARNING:[/b] Disney has changed their buns to these ‘wheat’ buns but not really real wheat buns. It disintegrated on Shaun while he was eating the burger and mad him a sad person

UGH! WHAT WAS UP WITH THIS?? We had hotdogs at Casey's and this we really awful. My bun completely fell apart. It really ruined my hot dog experience (which I had been craving for quite sometime. AND I only eat hot dogs at Disney, is that weird?) Yet Chuck was the one who ended up with mustard on his shorts despite that fact that his bun remained intact. Boys. :sad2:

Yay another update! I'll be waiting patiently for the next! :surfweb:

YAY, more pics please!! I can't wait to read more and see more! :surfweb:
More pictures in the next installment I promise. I'm in the process of writing it and there is just so many more pictures to choose from.

Is that DISboards I see on the laptop??? :rotfl2:
Why yes it is! I didn't post much while on the trip, but I was at least reading so I didn't have to do too much catch up.

Yay! I'm excited you started your report!

It was so nice to meet you at Hollywood Studios - and EVERYWHERE else! It cracked me up every time we ran into you guys (and thanks for the tip about the shorter line at Tower of Terror - we used it all week!).

Thanks! I can't wait until you start yours. No problem about the ToT tip. Its something I learned by getting into an arguement with my uncle at a young age & well I was right ;)

It became funny about running into you.

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: Congratulations!!! :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm loving your trip report so far. I'm at work, but I'm hoping that I can collect my thoughts enough to start mine tonight. I like your clear and honest report and I'm glad to see that we weren't the only ones with drama. Family drama. Park drama. Just drama! Keep writing and I'll keep reading!
:thumbsup2

UGH! WHAT WAS UP WITH THIS?? We had hotdogs at Casey's and this we really awful. My bun completely fell apart. It really ruined my hot dog experience (which I had been craving for quite sometime. AND I only eat hot dogs at Disney, is that weird?) Yet Chuck was the one who ended up with mustard on his shorts despite that fact that his bun remained intact. Boys. :sad2:

I go back to work tomorrow (today is a holiday luckily) so I'm trying to get as much as I can get done today. I won't be as consistent once I start working again with updates. We definitely had our share of drama, considering we will never be staying at the Wilderness Lodge again...but I'll get to that in a few days. I think it just comes along with weddings though.

I know! Those wheat buns are so sad. It is the reason we didn't get hotdogs there which is sad because I love Casey's Hotdogs with Cheese Fries :(

LMAO at the laptop on the bed with the disboards up.That is so going to be me lol.

So glad you got to eat at Le Cellier,we love that place.Tim got the smore dessert before lol.

Great trip report so far,can't wait to see the wedding pics.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter