• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meg's (OceanGdss) Wedding TR!! SBP/Ariel's + Honeymoon!

OceanGdss

Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08
Hey girls (& guys!!)

We're still honeymooning at WDW, but DH (ooh!! thats the first time ive typed 'dear hubby'!!!) is off golfing. I've already been down to DTD to spend his money this morning so I figured I'd start my TR a little early!! :)

I'll start with some reviews and a few pics...ill finish it up after the HM later this week. Don't forget to follow along our LIVE TR here on the DIS...the link is in my siggie. :thumbsup2

VENDORS

Randy Chapman~~ AAA+++ Wow!! What can I say about Randy other than I LOVE him!!! lol He did our engagement photos last year and from day 1 I fell in love with his style and work. The day of the wedding I was a nervous wreck, but the minute Randy walked in the door my pulse immediately began to slow, my heart rate returned to normal, and my nerves were settled. Having Randy there was like having another wedding planner. He has dont all of this so many times he just took over. It was great. I literally said 'here's my dress, here's my jewelry..have fun!' and he started with photos while me and the girls finished getting ready for the ceremony. He was NEVER in the way...during the ceremony DH and I barely knew he was there. His personality was great. He was so patient with my talkative 5 yr old niece/FG, and was even MORE patient when I, the bride, had a few moments of stress/panic/worry. All of our family and friends loved him. I would recommend him over and over and over again. AND..he even arrived a few minutes early to my bridal suite, he said it was so I wouldn't look at the clock 2 minutes after he was supposed to be there and freak out :scared1: such a doll!!! :goodvibes 'And we're walking' :rotfl: my BP will get that lol

Some Randy sneak peeks...
MDJ01393_12-18-08.jpg

MDJ01460_12-18-08.jpg

Stan w/ STVS ~~ AAA+++ Again...a perfect vendor!!! Stan was there perfectly on time, knew exactly where to be and when to be there. I was always worried the videographer would be in the way or noticable, but Stan was quiet as a mouse. He was so sweet, even got a few hugs from me on the wedding day lol. He went above and beyond with his service. He caught everything we had asked on film, never missed a beat...even as the reception was dwindling and an impromptu conga line was started, Stan was right there to catch it. Every time a spur-of-the-moment thing happened, I could always see Stan just over the rail, or right behind Randy as they both caught the moment for us to see again and again. He had the sneak peek ready at the reception...and had already captured our vows..which had my DH and I in tears all over again (yes..we bawled like babies the whole day lol). We can't wait to see the whole production!!

Beaute Speciale~~ AAA+++ If you're debating whether or not to hire these lovely ladies DO IT!! All 4 of my bridesmaids and myself had our hair done with them, and mine & my MOH's makeup. None of us had hair/makeup trials, so we were all kind of nervous. But all I did was show Ana pics of what I wanted and she not only matched it...she IMPROVED it!!! I received countless compliments on my hair and makeup on the wedding day. And it stayed put the WHOLE day!! (even if I DID pull 51 bobby pins out that night lol) My makeup was applied at 9:30am and, even after several tear sessions, a reception, and a 2 hour nap..was still perfect at 12midnight for Jellyrolls!!! Thanks girls!! They even gave my FG a little pixie dust with a quick updo on the spot. :wizard:

Pics of me getting dolled up...
bride20.jpg

bride21.jpg

My FG's hair... (this was done in a quick sec as a favor fron Ana...thank u SO much!!!!!!)
bride3.jpg

Removing all the bobby pins!!
IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

At JR later that night...(I'm on the left, then MIL, and BM/SIL)
IMG_0173-1.jpg

Marion Stewar & her assistant(s), DFTW~~ AAAAAA+++++++
Our wedding was perfect BECAUSE of this team!! I had so many family members/BP members ask me questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding and I would always say 'Marion has it covered..dont worry'. My planner was amazing. I loved her from day 1 and I would never have asked for a different person. Wow..she was amazing! He whole team was perfect!! If I was thristy, there was water, if my dress/crinnie was bunched, they were under there fixing it! They bustled me, held my train, enetertained my FG...everything. This wedding would not have been what it was if it wasn't for these girls. One of my favorite memories from the wedding day was after my BMs and FG had gone up the aisle, My mom and I were lined up to walk up the aisle, the music had started...but I was frozen. I was so nervous, but I looked over my left shoulder and saw Marion standing in the distance...she had a smile on her face a mile wide. She gave a slight nod of her head and I knew it was time..and I was going to be ok. It sounds so sappy, but its true. I knew in that moment that Marion did not simply look at this as a job, but as an opportunity to make dreams come true. She represents everything magical about Disney.....Thank You Marion!!!

Laura Kidd, Disney Floral~~ AAA+++
I spoke very little with Laura, but she still managed to make everything perfect!!!! The ceremony decor was absolutely gorgeous, all of my last minute changes had been taken care of, my purse & the FGs basket were delivered perfectly on time. The centerpieces were everything & more I could have asked for....I had a vision for my wedding and it was as if Laura went into my head and pulled it out herself. Amazing. if you have her...you are in EXCELLENT hands!!!!

Disney Catering Staff~~ AAA+++++++++++!!!!!
This will be quick...but there is NOTHING I would change about the food at our reception!!!!! It was, in a word, amazing! We have received so many compliments on our menu...the food was every bit Disney-Quality! If you're worried you'll get dry meat and cold sides...dont be. It is a true masterpiece what they pull together. And the cake was gorgeous!! I had been so nervous about if I'd truly like the cake or not....but it was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Disney!!!!

Ok...thats it for now...ill start the REAL TR in just a few days!! (Or if I get bored later during the trip lol) We only have 2 more nights left...kind of sad...but we've had a blast here!!!

Yay Meg, I'm so excited that you started your TR all ready and you are still on your honeymoon. I can't wait to read more!!!!

BTW, you look absolutely gorgeous in those randy pictures.

Meg, your pics are GORGEOUS.... omg I can't wait to see more!!! :)

The first one, your dress looks like a dream. Its so beautiful! Hope you are having fun on your HM!! :goodvibes

Great vendor reviews Meg! Very helpful especially since we have some of the same vendors. Your Randy teasers are gorgeous!

Hey Meg,

It sounds like the whole thing was fantastic! It's brilliant to read the reviews of the vendors too as we have Randy and Ana booked.

Have a great honeymoon (enjoy spending huby's money) and keep us updated when you can.

Yay the vendor revies are fabulous!!! Thanks for doing those! I can't wait to read the TR! wait... are you doing a seperate one from DJ's or are you guys doing it together? I am loving his. He does all the writing and you post all the pictures.

OMG Meg, those Randy pics are GORGEOUS. I love them! Your dress looks so amazing in them! can't wait to see and hear more!

Thanks girls!!! We're just popping in the room for a second, went to DHS this morning to ride Toy Story Mania...it was SO cool!! More info will be in my TR further on :)

To answer a question real quick...Deej is doing the live TR while we're here, but I will be putting all the details in this TR as well along with pics. :) So stay tuned!!!!

Off to grab some yummy Boardwalk Pizza!!!

Meg & Deej~ The photos you have posted are stunningly beautiful.

It was a real pleasure to meet you in the Magic Kingdom as part of the Bride get-together on Saturday! Congratulations on your marriage, I wish you all of the happiness and love Cam and I have enjoyed these past 24 years, 1 day and 5 hours (+/-).

I hope we can meet up again in the future! Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon; do it right and it never ends.

Hugs,

Howard

Welcome home! and Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pics. Loved the live TR!

Hey Meg!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm loving your report so far. And your pictures are gorgeous.

HIJACK ALERT pirate: I am jealous of your Randy pictures - how did you manage to get a few sneak ones? I don't know how I am going to keep my patience waiting for mine END OF HIJACK pirate: They are beautiful though!!

Looking forward to reading more. I hope you are enjoying yourself :woohoo:

:rotfl: ...you know...if you weren't :surfweb: 24/7 you wouldnt know ive been lazy!! :rolleyes1 hehe

Ouch!!! Yeah, it's true. I'm damn bored. This is what happens when I actually get a couple days off... I don't know what to do with myself!!! :confused3

This is my first post on the wedding board because a) its the wedding board 2) I was banned from doing so by my wife until now and D) I already read and post on 11 boards on the DIS, I really dont need another....

But I wanted to take a second to make sure everyone is clear that I picked out the amazing cake, and that the Illuminations dessert party was my idea.

That is all.

This concludes our special report. We now return you to your program already in progress.

Oh Meg your sneak peeks are absolutely stunning! Can't wait to read more about you magical day! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter