• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meeting Credit Card Minimum By Doing a Partial DCL Payment

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We recently received a Southwest credit card for a 50,000 mile promo to help with our flights for our cruise.

We will certainly meet the minimum but I worry about doing it in time to have the points in time for Nov flights when they open up.

How does DCL process a partial cruise payment if we wanted to put $1,000 towards our November cruise? Would it show up as a pending charge till the paid in full date, which I don't think would help us? If it makes a difference we have Costco as a travel agent.

It will be pending on your CC for a day or two (however long it takes to process). It will show on your reservation as immediately paid towards your cruise. I do this all the time to manage the exchange rate I pay. It will work out fine.

BUT... if you end up cancelling your cruise before your PIF, remember that funds you have paid will be reversed to the card on which they were purchased. So you'd get a refund to that card.

Also good to remember that the points post to your account after your statement date, so if you're cutting it close, they might not be available in time.

Yes, I have been making payments biweekly since we booked our June cruise so I will be paid off at my 90 day mark and can check in. Much easier than paying it at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter