Meet groups and FE exchanges?

love280mickey

Mouseketeer
so now that so many DCLers are "jumping ship" so to speak....are there online meet groups to get to know your cruise mates for RCCL? I've always liked that for my teen to get to know some kids a little before sailing.

think we'll see any FE exchanges on RCCL? We have fun doing those on Disney too.

Have done two RCCL in the past 12 years, but then went to Disney for 4 cruises with them. Want to do the Med next year, Allure is going and that has me intrigued. Magic doesn't go till sometime in August next year, which is getting late for us.

My guess is it will be awhile before we see a seperate RCCL Meets Board like we have for DCL.

There is no reason you cannot start a thread on here for your specific sailing and see if there are other DISsers going on the same cruise.

If you find there are enough folks on here going on your cruise you sure could organize an FE exchange (not sure if FE (fish extender) is correct term for all ships, but what the hey)!

We are doing the FoS in 6/2015 and I'm considering starting a thread to see if there are others onboard!

There is a similar board on Cruise Critic. They have "roll calls" for all the different cruises and chat boards too. It's nothing like the Dis (in my opinion). Our October 11th cruise is on page 3 on Cruise critic. The basically identical cruise on the Magic was on page 88 the last time I checked. I wish there was more action. I'm going to miss the FE :sad1:

I join the roll call threads for my non-Disney cruises at Cruise Critic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 Be sure to register for the official Meet & Mingle. If 25 or more people register, RCI will organize a meeting time and place for the group - usually on the first sea day. They will provide light refreshments, and someone from the cruise director's staff will he there to meet with the group.

Although there are no fish extenders on RCI ships - your roll call group could do a gift exchange. It just takes one person to suggest and organize it.

Disney roll call threads don't have nearly as much activity at Cruise Critic as on the DIS. However, other cruise lines often have very active roll calls. I am on a RCI Canada cruise in Oct. 2015, and that roll call already has 5158 posts, with more than 14 months until we sail! :eek: Some people are very chatty over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter