Mediterranea Disney Resort (Disney park idea for Italy)

Elijah Abrams

Mouseketeer
For Disney's next international resort, I think it should be located in Italy (possibly in the south region), where Disney is popular. It would feature a Disneyland, an outdoor shopping center, and two onsite hotels. It would also have a beachfront area!

Mediterranea Disneyland:
  • Viale Topolino - The Mediterranea Disneyland version of Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland.
  • Gardens of Imagination (Giardini dell'immaginazione) - The Mediterranea Disneyland version of said themed land in Shanghai Disneyland. Unlike in Shanghai, this version would be inspired by gardens of Italy and Greece. It would also feature a ride based on Disney's Hercules and the Fantasia Carousel.
  • Fantasyland - This would feature a version of the Enchanted Storybook Castle with a villains-themed walkthrough below it. Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Frozen Ever After, Dumbo, and a new version of Pinocchio's Daring Journey would just be some of the attractions. There would also be a ride themed to the Italian Disney comic W.I.T.C.H.
  • Tomorrowland - A more sci-fi version of the land that includes either TRON Lightcycle Run or a new version of Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Stitch Encounter, and an electric version of Autopia sponsored by Fiat.
  • Frontierland - Includes a more thrilling version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (with inversions!) and a Western-themed water ride. I included Frontierland, because Westerns are popular in Italy (aka "Spaghetti westerns").
  • Adventureland - Similar to the one in Hong Kong, it would feature Jungle Cruise, the Adventureland Treehouse on its own island, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Similar to the versions in California and Florida, but with more offerings.
  • Expedition Atlantis - An attraction that would put Rise of the Resistance to shame, it would be based on the cult classic Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and would be a ride that takes guests to a walkthrough version of Atlantis, like in the movie, with dining and shopping offerings.
Mediterranea Disneyland would also have a railroad that circles the park. All rides and attractions would be in both English and Italian.

Villagio Disney - The shopping area of the resort, complete with dining, entertainment, and a cinema. The architecture of the area would be inspired by the likes of Rome and Venice.

Mediterranea Disneyland Hotel - The first of the two hotels. This would be built with Italian-inspired architecture.

Disney's Paradisio Hotel by the Sea - The second of the two hotels. This would be the beachfront hotel.

What do you guys think of my idea?

For Disney's next international resort, I think it should be located in Italy (possibly in the south region), where Disney is popular. It would feature a Disneyland, an outdoor shopping center, and two onsite hotels. It would also have a beachfront area!

Mediterranea Disneyland:
  • Viale Topolino - The Mediterranea Disneyland version of Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland.
  • Gardens of Imagination (Giardini dell'immaginazione) - The Mediterranea Disneyland version of said themed land in Shanghai Disneyland. Unlike in Shanghai, this version would be inspired by gardens of Italy and Greece. It would also feature a ride based on Disney's Hercules and the Fantasia Carousel.
  • Fantasyland - This would feature a version of the Enchanted Storybook Castle with a villains-themed walkthrough below it. Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Frozen Ever After, Dumbo, and a new version of Pinocchio's Daring Journey would just be some of the attractions. There would also be a ride themed to the Italian Disney comic W.I.T.C.H.
  • Tomorrowland - A more sci-fi version of the land that includes either TRON Lightcycle Run or a new version of Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Stitch Encounter, and an electric version of Autopia sponsored by Fiat.
  • Frontierland - Includes a more thrilling version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (with inversions!) and a Western-themed water ride. I included Frontierland, because Westerns are popular in Italy (aka "Spaghetti westerns").
  • Adventureland - Similar to the one in Hong Kong, it would feature Jungle Cruise, the Adventureland Treehouse on its own island, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Similar to the versions in California and Florida, but with more offerings.
  • Expedition Atlantis - An attraction that would put Rise of the Resistance to shame, it would be based on the cult classic Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and would be a ride that takes guests to a walkthrough version of Atlantis, like in the movie, with dining and shopping offerings.
Mediterranea Disneyland would also have a railroad that circles the park. All rides and attractions would be in both English and Italian.

Villagio Disney - The shopping area of the resort, complete with dining, entertainment, and a cinema. The architecture of the area would be inspired by the likes of Rome and Venice.

Mediterranea Disneyland Hotel - The first of the two hotels. This would be built with Italian-inspired architecture.

Disney's Paradisio Hotel by the Sea - The second of the two hotels. This would be the beachfront hotel.

What do you guys think of my idea?
Interesting ideas. But Italy is too close to France. If they feel like they can expand in Europe, what they'll do is add a third gate at DLP (they're supposed to at some point anyway or lose the land rights).

I do agree that Disney is popular in Italy. I just came back from a two week trip around the country and was surprised with all the Disney stuff I saw at stores and people wearing Mickey-themed clothes out accessories.

I'm confused. Is Disney in Italy news or an actual rumor? I'll even settle for a bus driver rumor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter