Medieval Times Dinner

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
I had a few questions on Medieval Times.

It seems like MT is a tourist location. So does it have slow and busy seasons? or is it always busy?

I am going to Disneyland in October and would like to take a trip to the MT dinner. But Im wondering if its always busy, is there a good time of the week to go?

Im trying to decide if I should get a royalty package or not for the preferred seating.

:thumbsup2 Definetly do the Medieval Times dinner it is so awesome. It doesn't matter about busy or not, in fact it would be less fun I think if it was not full. We did the royalty seating, I found a coupon on line so it was essentially the same price as non royalty, and being front row was fabulous. The food was good, and the show was wonderful. I would do MT again in a heart beat. A bonus was how cute "our" knight was, we were in the yellow nights section.

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

Thank you so much, I am really considering the upgrade to royalty. I mean even if I cant find a cupon online or whatever, its only a $9 difference in price.

So with Royalty seating, do you get to go in first before everyone else to choose a spot of your choice, or do they choose a good seat for you to sit?

It looks like you had a ton of fun by your pics... your kids look like they were really enjoying themselves *As they should*.

It's assigned seats, so when you check in you'll get your color section, the knight you'll be rooting for, and your row and seat number. They are on color coded cards. They seat people by color section as you go into the stadium. The only down side is that the bathrooms are outside the stadium area, so be sure everyone goes before you go into sit down for the dinner and show. It really was great being in the front row. Daisy even got the first flower from our knight. The knights earn flowers by doing well at the games early in the show and they pass them out to the ladies in their sections.

We went to the one in Orlando last year. There wasnt any prefered seating that I know of. They did give us a discount for my birthday. Every seat was a good seat.

We had a great time! The food was really good!

Get they preferred seating. We went last Nov and enjoyed it. The food was okay, nothing spectacular, but the show was awesome. Our dd (5) at the time fell in love with our night. Make sure to cheer lots it pays off. Our dd stood on her seat and cheered, clapped, screamed, and our knight presented her with a sash. Oh my gosh was in love, slept with the sash, and still feels she is going back to Disneyland to see her boyfriend. (where do they get this stuff).

In my opinion, the preferred seating is not that great! They stick you in the front row and it's hard to see sometimes and occasionaly you get dirt in your food from the horses. DH and I did that once and wouldn't do it again!

As for MT itself, definately go! It is so much fun! We just went in June. We had a group of 24 and it was so much fun!!! The food is really good too! You get soup, garlic bread, chicken (which is way yummy), ribs, potato, and desert. we had a fabulous time! Our section was very loud and rowdy (we had a group near us that was a bachelor party!!!). Three of the girls in our group were given flowers by our knight as well!

It's a very fun time!

One other suggestion as for crowds, avoid Saturday and you will be fine! My DH and I go here every time we go to DL and we usually go during the week. Once we went on a Saturday night and it was crazy!

Have fun!

Should I get there extra early to get a good seat if I dont go Royalty Package? Its just that I am going to MT on the day that I arrive in Anaheim. So I dont want to be limited for time, so this is why I am weighing my options for MT.

There isn't a bad seat in the place! Anywhere you sit will be fine. It's not all that big. I think there are 5 or 6 rows total and we sat in the second to the last row and it was perfect!

You should get there at least an hour early to enjoy the stuff they have before you go in for dinner. There is a gift shop, a bar, and a museum.

Have fun!

I would make reservations for it if you can.
My bf and I went in January and we had a ton of fun. We didn't have priority seating, but we made our reservations online ahead of time and got a printout of our tickets. Because we did this, we bypassed a HUGE line of people that didn't have reservations.
I don't know if its always this busy but you never know.
Definitely check it out though...the show is fantastic!!! We were in the green knight section (he was the bad one) and it was sooo cool.
:banana:

Thanks for the tips everyone... Im am planning on going to the dinner on the night that I arrive to Anaheim. So basically I am flying in to SNA at 1:00pm (granted that the flight gets there in time), then the commute to the hotel and settle, and I just need advice as to when I should get to the dinner as I dont want to be strapped for time.

So you giving me suggestions is so much help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter