Medicare fraud?

DLgal

DIS Veteran
For the past couple months, Medicare related mail has been coming addressed to my DH. Mostly advertisement type stuff from insurance companies, but also invitations for medicare seminars, etc.

He is 38.

WTH? Should we be worried about this? We are the first tenants at this address (new home construction built in 2015). His name is a fairly common combination of Spanish first and last names. The mail doesn't include his middle initial, though. Actually, some of it has a middle initial that is wrong. We ran three credit reports, nothing suspicious.

Is there anything we should be doing about this?

For the past couple months, Medicare related mail has been coming addressed to my DH. Mostly advertisement type stuff from insurance companies, but also invitations for medicare seminars, etc.

He is 38.

WTH? Should we be worried about this? We are the first tenants at this address (new home construction built in 2015). His name is a fairly common combination of Spanish first and last names. The mail doesn't include his middle initial, though. Actually, some of it has a middle initial that is wrong. We ran three credit reports, nothing suspicious.

Is there anything we should be doing about this?
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it's just advertising stuff, including the seminars. Chances are they've either got him mixed up with someone else, or pulled his name from who-knows-where.

Dh was on one of his dad's Sears credit cards so that we could get an appliance discount when we were purchasing several appliances.

Dh then started getting AARP and Medicare mail. We figured there was a sell off of his and his dad's info and some of it got confused.

Been about 12 years and nothing but chuckles from me when the mail arrives from it.

Last edited:
Dh was on one of his dad's Sears credit cards so that we could get an appliance discount when we were purchasing several appliances.

Dh then started getting AARP and Medicare mail. We figured there was a sell off of his and his dad's info and some of it got confused.

Been about 12 years and nothing but chuckles from me when the mail arrives have come from it.

My DH looks very young. He gets IDed everywhere we go, people always think he's DD's boyfriend, etc. I think it was boosting his ego a bit. Then he started getting info from AARP, so we of course have to tease him about it at every opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter