Med cruisers - towel query

jennorthernireland

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out with my query; I'm desperately trying to cut down on my packing and I am hoping not to have to bring any towels in our suitcases. I know DCL provide towels poolside, but is it okay to bring some towels off the ship if we aren't on a Disney excursion? I think we will have some DIY time on the beach at Cinque Terre, but I do not relish the idea of the extra weight in our suitcases if we have to pack towels for that day. Appreciate advice from those in the know! Thank you :goodvibes

If There are water excursions DCL usually provides towles they just ask you to bring them back. There are always towels by the pools on the ships, just take a few and bring them back, when you get back just go to the pool deck and put them in the towel return bins I don't see a problem with that

I'm not 100% sure about DCL, but most other cruise lines have beach towels for your use in the cabin. If they are not there at departure you will be billed.

I would just ask your room steward if there are none in your cabin when you board.

I'm not 100% sure about DCL, but most other cruise lines have beach towels for your use in the cabin. If they are not there at departure you will be billed.

I would just ask your room steward if there are none in your cabin when you board.

This doesn't apply to disney. All the towels are by the pool and you just go and help yourself, there is no signing in and out. You will have no problem taking a few off the ship with you.

Thanks for the advice all; at least that is something else I won't have to pack - all the more room for shoes I don't really need! :rotfl:

There are towels all over the place around the pools/pool decks.

I know that at Castaway Cay they also have them as you exit the ship and walk onto the island. Not sure about other ports, but Im sure you could take some from your room or the pool area.

When we were at Cinque Terre, we enjoyed the beach at Monterosso.

Woody
Hi Woody - Monterosso was where I was planning to head for some beach time! The plan is to get the train to Vernazza for a wee look around there and then the train to Monterosso. After some time on the beach and then lunch, I thought we could get the ferry back to La Spezia - what do you reckon? I know many try and hit all the 5 villages, but I thought it might be nice to have a relatively lazy day before the madness of Rome the following day. Does this sound like a good plan to you?

Jenny, it sounds like a very good plan.

Foccacia bread originated in this area. Be sure to pick up some from a bakery to take to the beach for a tasty snack. It's incredibly delicious.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter