Med Cruise 8/13/11 aboard the Magic and Barcelona Trip Report from Disney Converts

rexalite

Earning My Ears
I thought I would share my trip report with you all, since I learned so much from this message board when preparing for our trip. Our travelling party consisted of myself, my husband and our 3 year-old, questionably potty-trained son. We did the 7 day Mediterranean cruise, and spent another 3 days in Barcelona. I wrote 13 seperate but sequential blog posts recounting our adventures. We our first-time cruisers, as well as first time Disney-ers. If you read my trip report you will see us evolve from non-"Disney people" to converts looking for another Disney holiday around the corner. We had a wonderful time, and there were moments there that were almost magical. Looking forward to sailing again with DCL soon!

Here is the link to my trip report:
http://stopclamoringalready.blogspot.com/2011/12/true-confessions-our-http://stopclamoringalready.blogspot.com/2011/12/true-confessions-our-disney-cruise.html

There are 10 more numbered entries that can be reached on the index on the side under December 2011.
Then there is a conclusion/wrap-up post that is not numbered. Hope you enjoy reading my trip report- I enjoyed writing it. There were a lot of happy memories!

This is the most awesome trip report I have ever read. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting. I have had to un-tether my laptop and walk into the other room to show my husband multiple blog posts; usually because I'm laughing so hard he thinks I'm dying.

What company did you book your private tours through?

Your trip report is great! And very helpful since I am considering a Europe cruise with a 3 and 9 year old.

I appreciated the report because I think I would book/do similar things. Where did you find the private tour guides? You mentioned websites you referenced.

This is the most awesome trip report I have ever read. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting. I have had to un-tether my laptop and walk into the other room to show my husband multiple blog posts; usually because I'm laughing so hard he thinks I'm dying.

What company did you book your private tours through?

Wow - you are too kind! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I booked the private tours with Rome in Limo, and was very happy with them. Really not that much more expensive than the Disney excursions, so I thought it was well worth it.

Wow - you are too kind! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I booked the private tours with Rome in Limo, and was very happy with them. Really not that much more expensive than the Disney excursions, so I thought it was well worth it.

I loved your blog!!! :lmao: You are sooo funny! I just love your sense of humor. :thumbsup2

I am just starting to look into doing excursions on our own and another Dis-er recommended Rome in Limo also. Do you recall how much extra it was to have the tour guide in each port also? I love the idea of skipping the lines in Rome & also getting more info than just what we see in Rome, Pompeii & Florence.

They sound perfect!

I love this trip report!!:love: I love your writing style. It was so fun to read! I just booked a Med cruise for 2013 and I wanted some ideas and I'm so glad I found this. I think you need to take another cruise so we can read some more of your reviews! :lmao:

I love this trip report!!:love: I love your writing style. It was so fun to read! I just booked a Med cruise for 2013 and I wanted some ideas and I'm so glad I found this. I think you need to take another cruise so we can read some more of your reviews! :lmao:

Just because you asked, I went ahead and booked two more cruises for this year! Both are going to be on Royal Caribbean though. We are going to do a 7 day itinerary in the Western Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas next month, and then in September we are going to do a 7 day Baltic Cruise with Brilliance of the Seas out of Copenhagen, Denmark that goes to Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia. We have also booked a week at DisneyWorld in October, so we will be getting our Disney fix that way. I'm so excited! Please feel welcome to follow my blog if you want to read our future trip reports- Im' sure there will be lots of posts documenting our travels!

I liked your trip report. Thought it was funny. I was reading it thinking wow, what a well behaved little boy to do all that sight seeing. I laughed soooo hard when I saw the last page of pictures with the i-pad. I know that feeling. Works likes a charm. Theses days for us its the Nintendo 3ds. Same difference though.

I thought I would bump this up in case anyone was planning on a European cruise this summer and wanted to read my trip report. Hope you enjoy and find it helpful!

This is one of the best and funniest trip reports I have ever read. Thank you. Great job!!! We did the Med in 2010 and are returning in 2013. Your report brought back so many great memories, along with many laughs. Looks like you had an amazing time.

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. We are traveling on the Magic in June 2013. Your pictures and fun stories helped build my excitement! It's going to be a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter