Meatless Monday Recipes

Keacc

DIS Veteran
We have been doing meatless Mondays for about 6 months and we are running out of recipes. Can you share some of your favorite recipes with us?

Monday is usually pasta night at our house. Tonight is plain old spaghetti with marinara sauce, last week was zucchini lasagna (when I make one I freeze enough for 3 more meals), the week before was jumbo shells stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese (again, enough leftovers for 3 more meals). I go to Allrecipes too when I want to make these.

Stuffed peppers with quinoa and roasted veggies
Breakfast for dinner
Quiche
Portobello burgers
Eggplant Parm
Zucchini Lasagna
Stir fry with tofu

I love a Panzanella Salad. Basically vegetables (roasted or fresh), mixed with cubed hearty bread, and a basic oil and vinegar vinaigrette. Add cheese or vegan cheese if desired. Plenty of ideas on Pinterest.

I know HelloFresh has their recipes one their website and they always have vegetarian options for the week so there's quite a few up there. They tend to be pretty easy but aren't that adventurous most of the time.

Spaghetti and cheese. This is sorta of like macaroni and cheese, but I prefer it. You layer cooked spaghetti and shredded cheese (I like a sharp cheddar) in a casserole dish. The top layer should be cheese and then add milk about halfway to the top. Sprinkle the top liberally with paprika and put it in a 325 oven for about an hour. Comes out with a crispy top and the cheese and milk have melded together in the pasta.

Taste of Home and All Recipe - are my go to for something different, many of these have become family favorite... as someone else posted before me..

I really don't make to many meatless dishes. I make these in my rotation, Plus most of the them are quick and easy peasy... and can be used as sidedishes...

Tomato soup and Grilled Cheese
Veggie Fried Rice -Our local Chinese spot make a means Veggie Fried Rice...as well as veggie stir fry yummm ! so dang good.
Vegetable filled - dumplings, egg-rolls, spring rolls
Egg salad - on 12 grain bread, lettuce, tomato
Baked Mac and Cheese
Tomato and mozzarella salad with homemade croutons - (Taste of Home check out the recipes)
Spinach salad, you could make warm bacon dressing to go along, I normally crumbly up the bacon and put in the salad, you could just use the drippings for the dressing, and save the bacon for breakfast sandwiches the next day...( I cook bacon in the oven, and cook the whole package, and to use later in the week, We love crispy crispy bacon, so it works for us..
Breakfast for dinner
Pasta salad full of zeggies, use whatever you like, and change up the dressing...
Acorn Squash with stuffing - (All-Recipes) , most of them call for some type of sausage, you can omit the sausage, and use extra veggie instead...
Roasted Veggie and Green salad -

Fake Lasagna - Zucchini noodles or Zoodles use a sprializer - I have started seeing them in the grocery store already to go - you can use jarred marinara, add in spinach( take the stems off), carrots, celery, you can even throw in some canned corn. Then really good cheese's... I use a bunch of different types, mix all together, use what you love.. and top with fresh mozzarella, bake 350 for around 45.. I like to blanch the Zoodles cool and rinse, they seem to hold together and are not over cooked... I also like to sautee' the carrots and celery and corn together, then put then on a towel to get all the excess moisture out. Before adding them into the marinara...I throw the spinach in the marinara in a few minutes before I mix everything together, so that they just wilt..

Tofu is something that I personally haven't ever cooked with, my Good friends daughter is Vegan, and she has made a few dishes that had tofu in them and they were very good.. There is something called a tofu press, that she use's all the time... basically it doesn't have any flavor and you season it to what you want... I think... I could ask her for some recipes if your interested... just let me know..

Portobello mushroom stack, eggplant parm (we buy frozen and embellish them with pasta, more sauce and extra cheese), huevos rancheros. We love the 505 green chili from Costco and put it on beans, cheese and an egg topped with salad fixings. It is delicious. Chili rellenos, pesto pasta, mushroom pasta, udon soup loaded with fresh veggies and veggie sushi, sweet and sour vegetables, Thai veggie spring rolls or summer rolls with peanut sauce.

I'll go with choices from the Mediterranean.
Falafel in a pita with Wegmans Tzatziki and lettuce on a pita is a family favorite.
Love Shakshouka with a nice hearty bread.
Spanakopita, greek spinach pie is always yum.

Many great things mentioned here.

Perhaps not enough on it's own but

We love spaghetti squash & zucchini noodles

We started making and have them all the time - zucchini (meat)less balls!!!

The trick is to really drain the zucchini noodles (we wrap them in a cloth, squeeze, rewrap/squeeze as much juice as possible). SaUTE some garlic and chopped onion, add zucchini for a few minutes. Mix well just like you would make meatballs - eggs, cheese, some Panko or bread crumbs (whatever you have). We round them into balls and you can either mix in some shredded mozzarella or make a little hole/dent and add a piece. Dip in egg and bread crumb. We don't fry so we bake them. You can eat alone or dip into some red sauce.

Last edited:
Quick and easy is your fav vegetables mixed with quinoa, whatever spices you want, and maybe a sauce. Adding marinated and fried tofu to it is good too!

Tacos with beans, lentil loaf, bean burgers, quinoa burgers, (sweet) potato with beans, nut loaf, chickpea “tuna” salad (sans tuna), pasta with lentil balls on top, chickpea or other bean pasta (more calories and is healthy), bean chili, potato/corn/bean dish baked in oven...possibilities are endless! Tofu is actually really good if you prepare it right. For main dishes, get extra firm, freeze, thaw, and press the liquid out. From there lots of choices. It marinates really well- marinade soaks through pretty far if you let it sit for 30+
minutes. Can fry it after marinading, or coat with some flour to fry; cut into sticks and cover with a breadcrumb mixture and bake it; crumble it over a dish; add it to grain bowls or salad...silken tofu (no pressing needed) can be blended into soups to add nutrients and calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter