• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mears smoke and text warning

Oofies

Mouseketeer
Just as an FYI- just got back from
A really brief cab ride from universal (mears). The driver had clearly been smoking in his vehicle and he was watching YouTube on his phone the whole time driving back.
We'll be ubering it back this evening for the parade. At least the rate is stated ahead and I expect they won't drive around the parking lot just to add another$.60

Did you call or send an email to Mears?
No, thought about it but we couldn't remember the taxi number and he had been sitting at curbside at universal long enough for them to have seen him smoking in the van.

You really should contact them even though you don't have the cab number. They likely know who is where when and it would be good to know that ANY of their drivers are watching YT while driving.

The one time I contacted them (about a double charge) they were quite responsive.

No, thought about it but we couldn't remember the taxi number and he had been sitting at curbside at universal long enough for them to have seen him smoking in the van.

They probably have some sort of GPS tracking with their fleet of vehicles, they'll find out who it was.

Texting n driving... thankfully u arrived Safely!
I'd certainly complain.. and mention the smoking too!

Just as an FYI- just got back from
A really brief cab ride from universal (mears). The driver had clearly been smoking in his vehicle and he was watching YouTube on his phone the whole time driving back.
We'll be ubering it back this evening for the parade. At least the rate is stated ahead and I expect they won't drive around the parking lot just to add another$.60
as others have said contact Mears they will be able to find out the driver from where you got in and where you were dropped off plus the time. Mears will want to know

Another great example why Lyft and Uber are superior to cabs. A driver like this would be kicked out in no time with a few bad reviews.

Another great example why Lyft and Uber are superior to cabs. A driver like this would be kicked out in no time with a few bad reviews.
Except that many people won't give a lyft or uber driver a bad rating because if the driver gives them a bad rating in return, it can make it harder for them to get a ride in the future.

Except that many people won't give a lyft or uber driver a bad rating because if the driver gives them a bad rating in return, it can make it harder for them to get a ride in the future.

Is that a problem? Do you speak from experience? I have had lousy experiences with cabs. When I called the taxi authority to complain about long hauling in Las Vegas they just blow you off. When a Lyft driver long hauls you the company immediately refunds your fare. Lyft is much more consumer friendly that the old taxi companies.

Is that a problem? Do you speak from experience? I have had lousy experiences with cabs. When I called the taxi authority to complain about long hauling in Las Vegas they just blow you off. When a Lyft driver long hauls you the company immediately refunds your fare. Lyft is much more consumer friendly that the old taxi companies.
I think the bottom line is don't just rate the driver low. Tell them what happened. You need to do more than just giving 1 star to the driver, if there is an issue.

Drivers are never told how individual riders rated them. Even when you leave a compliment, the driver doesn't know who left it. Also, drivers can rate riders only immediately after a ride ends (unless perhaps if there's a major issue and they contact customer service), whereas riders have a longer time to rate drivers.

If you rate a driver 1, Uber will not match you with the driver again. With Lyft, I believe either a 1 or a 2 will prevent you from getting that driver again.

It's unkind to rate a driver 3 or below just because you happen not to like them, because it can affect their income. But if a driver really deserves a bad rating, you're doing everyone a service by letting the provider know.

When a Lyft driver long hauls you the company immediately refunds your fare.
In the Orlando area and many other cities, Uber quotes you an exact fare in advance. I think Lyft is now doing the same in Orlando. It doesn't matter which route the driver takes; the fare won't change. It only changes when you move the destination or add stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter