Meal Reservations Notifications

God Of Thunder

Mouseketeer
I’m loooking for that elusive lunch at BOG during my August trip. I am currently using *********** to be notified of any availability. Of course, so far I had 2 notifications and within the 3 minutes I was notified and I tried to book it was sold out (not surprising).

So my question, is there one notification service that is “better” than any of the others?

Either way....thanks for the help!

I did a practice alert with both Touring Plans and the service you used- got the TP alert several minutes before the other! Also, in the TP alert, you get a link that takes you directly to MDE with the date/time already populated. You can make the reservation faster that way.

Awesome info! Thanks for the heads up!

Awesome info! Thanks for the heads up!
You’re welcome! I also recommend putting a special ring tone and vibration for the numbers from each, and adding them to your emergency contacts that can come through even if you’re phone is on silent, if you’re ok with being woken up for an alert. I got a BOG lunch text at 5am on a Sunday morning and was able to book it immediately because it woke me up! Got an ‘Ohana dinner last night right before going to bed. Both I would have missed if I hadn’t had a special ring assigned!

Touring Plans 100%!! Have the same alerts in both. Have gotten a bunch of alerts from TP, nothing from the other at all. Zero. With TP, I've had about 50/50 luck. Half the time I end up getting what I want, half the time it's gone by the time I get there.

You’re welcome! I also recommend putting a special ring tone and vibration for the numbers from each, and adding them to your emergency contacts that can come through even if you’re phone is on silent, if you’re ok with being woken up for an alert. I got a BOG lunch text at 5am on a Sunday morning and was able to book it immediately because it woke me up! Got an ‘Ohana dinner last night right before going to bed. Both I would have missed if I hadn’t had a special ring assigned!
That’s great advice! Now to figure out how to do that....lol. I always keep my ringer off.

Touring Plans! Our next trip wasn't set in stone until after dining opened up and everything we wanted was booked. So far via TP I have gotten reservations for all but one (CRT for breakfast). I also signed up for *********** and didn't get a single notification, not sure what is up with that as all my info is correct on their site.

I'm curious why the other dining reservation site gets censored here when it was my Dreams Unlimited Agent who told me about them.
I’ve wondered that too since both services are free. I have had the same experience as you- I get the TP alert but not the other one. I did get one alert that I forgot I had set up from the other one so I know it works. Perhaps it’s not checking as frequently as TP??

I’ve wondered that too since both services are free. I have had the same experience as you- I get the TP alert but not the other one. I did get one alert that I forgot I had set up from the other one so I know it works. Perhaps it’s not checking as frequently as TP??

I have had the same experience. The Censored service is much slower it seems.

I just scored an Ohana 10 minutes ago via Touring Plans. The Censored one hasn't notified me yet.

Love Touring Plans reservation finder! It's come through every time I used it! You do have to be quick- I lost the ADR a couple of times when I didn't click in right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter